Chapter 13

I stare at the screen even though now it's black. Persephone walks in the room and there's no sign of the girl from the woods but I notice that sitting on her head was a crown of roses. The roses were white, the thorns cut off the stems.

" Where did you come from? "

I ask.

" An interview "

I nod at her solemnly, my mind trying to imagine her slitting my throat and hanging me in a tree. I can't, no matter how hard I try I can't.

" Who's games did you just watch? "

She asks suspiciously.

" 5's mentor "

Em instantly relaxes.

" Oh, that's why you look so scared. He was horrible "

I nod meekly, thinking so was she. She was actually terrifying. I stood up and left going to my room so I could think better. It was late and I was scared. I could feel her watching me.

I entered my bed and collapsed on it feeling tired. I didn't bother to change, I was so tired. I drifted off to a restless sleep.

I'm running through the meadow as fast as I can to reach the Forrest at the other end. The arena was strangely beautiful, artificially beautiful. I reach the end of the meadow and heard a scream.

" LILLY "

I yelled trying to catch her attention. She comes out from the edge of the forrest, a crown of roses resting on her head. I see a blonde sneak up behind her and her throat was slit. The action was done easily and gracefully. Lilly lies on the ground only to be dragged away by the small blonde that I called my friend.

My eyes snapped open and I wiped the sweat from my forehead. I walked in to the bathroom and washed my face, still thinking about Persephone's games. Deciding sleeping was useless I left my room and sat at the window.

Someone sits next to me and I can see the blonde hair framing her face.

" Hey "

She whispers.

" Hi "

I say worried she'll figure everything out.

" I know you watched my games, I can see the fear in your eyes "

She says softly.

" I'm not mad at you but I wish you didn't, you'll think of me differently. I never wanted to do that but I couldn't stab someone, I couldn't. "

I nod at her and wrap her in a hug. I feel another pair of arms wrap around us and I smell the sea in both of the girls hair.

" It's going to be ok, I'm not asking for a miracle. Just worry about getting yourself back. Go it alone, it's so much safer "

Seph says, not able to help herself. She wants one of us home and for some reason my mind has changed. I really do want to come back.