six

every bone screaming I don't know what we should do, all I know is, darling, I was made for loving you;

olivier

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Ms. Maxwell. You were 3 months pregnant and you--you had a miscarriage and lost the baby. I am truly sorry."

She stared at me with disbelief. Tears began to cover her vision. What did Lillian do to deserve this? We didn't expect this to happen, it just happened. Maybe it was the stress her job brought her.

We left the hospital and silently drove away.

"Do you wan't ice cream? Ice cream always cheers you up."

"I just want to go home, Oli."

Lillian fell asleep on the car, so I carried her to our bedroom. She moved in with me 2 months ago and I couldn't be more happier. But seeing her like this, it just broke my heart.

2 weeks passed. Lillian still didn't talk much, she just stared at the wall or at a random thing. I was getting concerned with what she's doing. It wasn't healthy anymore.

When I arrived from practice, she was silently sitting in the balcony--again, staring blankly ahead.

"Mon amour. Tu m'as manqué." I kissed her forehead and sat beside her. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, I guess? Just tired, that's all. How's practice?"

"Fun, as usual. We have a game on Saturday, wanna come with? Meg will be there."

She placed her head on my shoulder and sighed. I hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. I didn't want her to continue this, so I took her hand and helped her stand up.

"We are going to get ice cream whether you like it or not. Okay?"

"Fine."

"You are an amazing person. Never forget that, Lillian. I'm lucky to be in love with you."

lillian

"Lily? Are you crying?" Her mother asked as she sat down the couch and hugged her daughter who was playing with her doll.

"N-no, im not. I accidentally poked my eye and it stings." Lillian faked a laugh, trying to convince her mum that she wasn't heartbroken.

3 hours had passed, Lillian left her parent's home with Jade and drove to the house of the only person who'll understand her without judging her--Megan.

She carried Jade who was fast asleep and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, Meg opened the door and smiled at her.

"Lily! Are you ok--"

"You were right. Clara was right. Even Laurent. How could I be so oblivious?"