onze

if tomorrow you wont be mine, wont you give it to me one last time, oh baby let me love you goodbye;

The moment I got home, a letter and a few files were already waiting for me at the dinner table. It was obviously from Lily. When I read the papers, one was a letter and the others were divorce papers.

Divorce.

Could I really do it? I know for a fact, that I can not.

I may have been the most insensitive and useless husband, but deep down I know i cared and loved Lily. With all my heart.

The way I acted before this happened, maybe I was just trying to get her attention. Even though I was an asshole, I know that I can still change for her and Jade, and I want to.

My senses were telling me that she was at Laurent's house, and without hesitation, I ran to my car and drove to his house. Maybe, just this last time--she'll listen. She has to.

When I arrived, the sun was already down and the lamp posts were the only thing brightening up the empty streets. I knocked three times, and a familiar figure opened the door.

A shock expression was drawn on her face. "Olivier." Lily spoke in a surprised tone.

"Please listen to me. I beg of you, Lillian. Please."

"If you're here to cause me more pain, please Olivier just leave and--"

"No-no. Please."

"You have two minutes."

Scratching the back of my head before talking, I began to stutter almost every word coming out of my mouth. "If you think that I never loved you, why would I marry you? But I did, didn't I? I never would have stood before all of my friends and say, that this is the life I choose. Lillian is someone I can't bare to lose. I wouldn't be standing here, asking for you to forgive me and love me again."

Tears began to flow down my eyes. The last time I cried in front of Lillian, was when we got married. This time, I wasn't afraid to show what I truly feel.

She sighed before talking, "I'm sorry, Olivier. I know I can forgive you, someday." Lillian said before closing the door.

That was it.

This was the end to our fairy tale.