After the Accident

Two weeks after the accident...

Stiles was still healing. He tried not to look at himself in the mirror. His face was still black and blue. The swelling was down thankfully so he could open his eye again.

His father was a broken mess. Stiles could smell alcohol on his breath most days. Stiles tried to make him think that he was fine.

He wasn't. Definitely not fine. But he put on the mask of unbreakable resolve and sarcastic quips and that bright smile that wasn't as bright anymore.

There was a lot he had to relearn how to do. And he found that when one of the wolves werent around... he was in more pain than he had expected. Apparently they were working in shifts. Pulling his pain...

When he found that out he got real pissed off. Thankfully his dad wasn't around when Scott reached out to pull his pain and Stiles had hit his hand away and yelled at him. "Just STOP! Stop it. Tell the others to stop! I don't want your pity or your touches!"

Scott had almost cried as he bowed his head and shook his head. "I'm sorry Stiles."

"I don't want your sorries anymore... If you guys cant act normal around me just stop coming in to see me..." Stiles had been dead serious about this.

Things got tense.

But when he would fall asleep he noticed that he slept deeply. He would wake up without pain. He would actually feel great when he woke up.

One night he found out why. He woke up and found Derek sitting beside his bed. Hand gently holding his own hand. Black veins crawling up both their arms.

Derek was around most days just always there. In the back ground. Out in the hall or sitting in the corner of his room. Sometimes he brought him food. Stiles had told him anything he could to get him to go and live his life. But Derek would just go sit In the hallway or leave only to come back a few hours later.

The nurses always told him he had to leave when visiting hours were over. He would go. Only to end up using his wolf powers to climb into the window an hour later.

Apparently Stiles had a pet. Or a guard dog. The one time Jackson had come he had made a Professor X comment.

Derek had lashed out faster than anyone had time to stop. Jackson ended up on the ground with a broken nose. Scott had to hold Derek back from attacking Jackson more and Stiles finally got him to calm down by gripping his wrist and telling him it was nothing.

But really Stiles had kind of been flattered.

Now here he was. Derek was asleep in the chair his head bowed chin on his chest and even in his sleep he was pulling Stiles pain.

Stiles slowly slipped his hand out of Derek's. The wolf was still sleeping. He must be taking a lot of pain to still be knocked out like this.

Stiles reaches up and runs his fingers through Derek's hair like the first time. Derek turned into the touch and sighed.

Stiles wondered if he ever let anyone pet him when he was awake. He might like it.

Hearing Derek groan Stiles pulled his hand away so he wouldn't get caught. Somehow Derek didn't wake up. He just leaned over and lay his cheek against Stile's stomach.

Stiles tensed thinking Derek was up but he was still out like a light. Derek was making weird noises. Growly noises. Derek looked pained. His fingers were gripping the blanket over Stiles tightly as he growled "...n...no..."

Derek was having a nightmare. Stiles felt his chest clench. Reaching out slowly he started to caress his hair again. "It's okay Sourwolf. It's just a dream..." he whispered softly as he soothed the werewolf. Fingers gently caressing his hair slowly seemed to do it.

Derek relaxed against the bed and even nuzzled against Stiles stomach. Stiles smiled down at him and kept petting him softly just watching him sleep for a while before he eventually fell asleep.

...

Melisa walked in to check on Stiles in the morning before dawn and stopped in the doorway shocked by the sight before her.

Stiles was still in bed. But Derek was asleep as well. Derek's head was laying on Stiles chest and his arm was laying over Stiles waist. But what was shocking even more...

Stiles had one hand in Derek's hair and the other arm around Derek's back holding him back.

They were holding each other in their sleep.

Melisa felt tears well up for these two broken young men that obviously cared so deeply for each other.

She decided to come back later so as not to wake them. Let them rest together.

++++++++++++++

Yes I did a one shot sequel... *shrugs*