Something's Missing 9

Derek looked down seeing he was naked since he had been in his full shift earlier. He wasn't ashamed since he was a born wolf and he didn't really have the same worry about modesty as humans. He looked back up at Stiles and explained. "I was in my full shift a few moments ago."

Stiles blinked as his cheeks turned a deep shade of red and kept his eyes up and made sure not to look down at Derek's body. "Oh... I ... I can't remember..." that is when Stiles realized he couldn't remember much of anything. "I... did I hit my head or something. I can't really remember much... The last thing I remember was graduating and the party afterwards..."

Derek paled. "Stiles... that was a 6 months ago..."

Stiles blinked and reached up rubbing his temples as he tried to concentrate. "Everything is hazy. Derek what happened to me? Was it a spell? Did a witch curse me?"

Derek frowned with pain in his eyes. "No." his voice was small and he didn't want to tell Stiles what happened to him. "Stiles don't focus on that right now. You are healing. I just want you to stay calm okay?"

Stiles shook his head. "But I don't know what I'm healing from. What happened to me Derek!?" Stiles heart beat started to race.

Derek bowed his head and let out a pained whine. He didn't want to explain what stiles went through. He just didn't. But he knew that Stiles needed this. "You were taken. A mad man took you. He hurt you. Over and over again. Trying to activate your spark. He hurt you so bad that you broke. You've been in a catatonic fugue state for weeks. You only just woke up from it..."

Stiles skin turned even paler than usual. "W-what?"

Derek looked into his honey colored eyes and told him the truth. "The pack has been taking care of you... Your mind still needs time to heal. Stiles you don't know how good it is to finally see the real you again. I never thought I'd miss your non stop talking but I've missed hearing you voice."

Stiles blinked up at him and blurted. "I think that's the most words I've heard you say at one time."

Derek couldn't help but give him a little bitter sweet smile. "I've been talking to you a lot while you've been healing... trying to help..."

Stiles tilted his head. "Does that mean you've been around a lot? I thought you said the pack was taking care of me."

Derek was quiet for a few moments. He looked away then. "We didn't want your dad to have to pay for a live in nurse... I've been your care provider for the last few weeks..."

"You took care of me?"

Derek looked back at that whispered statement. He nodded to stiles.

Stiles looked away and scratched the back of his head. "Well... thank you..."

"It's my job to take care of my pack Stiles. You are pack." Derek told him hoping that the quiver in his voice wasn't caught by Stiles human ears.

Stiles nodded and his pale cheeks turned pink. "Thank you for taking care of me... is my dad okay"

Derek nodded. "Yes we've been keeping an eye on him."

Stiles tried to take a step but his legs were a little shaky and gave out. Derek caught him in his arms before he could fall. "I feel weird... shaky."

Derek nodded "You're still healing. And you just... your spark... it... it activated... just before you woke up. You probably used a lot of energy."

Stiles turned his face away from Derek with his cheeks a brilliant shade of red. "Um... okay... its hard to concentrate when ... you're so... you know... without clothes."