Bound By Blood: 1. You Can't Hide

It was one of those days where I finish school, I miss the bus and I have to walk home.

I know...

The reason why was because some vampire asshole decided to slam me against the lockers which made me drop all my books on the floor while he laughed and ran off. Seriously, vampires think they are the top of the chain. I know they are but they shouldn't act like it. Not even in school. Not even to me. Why the hell would he bother me? The quiet girl that sits in the back of the classroom. Oh well, I bet I wasn't the only victim for him. 

After grabbing my papers that were everywhere, I sprinted out of the school running to my bus but guess what... It drives off without doing a double take at the girl sprinting behind while people on the bus are pointing at me.

Eventually I stopped in exhaustion and I walked back to the school. It was drizzling out and I didn't bring a coat, I'm only wearing a sweater so I stayed by the front doors, hoping it will stop. I don't live that close either and my parents are at work. Till midnight. Because they both work at the town's hospital. I slide down against the wall and I plop on my butt, taking out my Calculus homework and doing it while jamming out with some music on my phone.

About 10 minutes has passed and suddenly I feel someone kicking at my foot that's extended out. I look up, pulling one of my earbuds out of my ears.

"Yes?" I ask the boy in my Physics class as his light brown eyes pierce through mine. And let me tell you, he's not human.

"Wanna lower the music? It's very annoying and loud." He barks and I look at him startled. I glance at my phone to see how loud it is.

"Why you don't like Lana Del Rey?" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"She makes me feel like I want to kill myself." Ouch, that was harsh.

"Sorry, I don't have sensitive hearing like your kind which makes me hear every thing, even a pin drop." I say and let me tell you something about me. I do talk back to vampires, it's not like they can do anything to me in school. He purses his lips into a thin line than smirks.

"You're lucky we are in school."

"Try me." I say back and he slowly walks away, going back to the group of vampires they formed down the hall from me. They all looked at me as I minded my own business and I grabbed all my things, realizing that the rain had calmed down a little. I sigh as I head out of the doors and down the parking lot. I cross the road and I start walking. It's chilly out, even in February when it just finished snowing. I walk down blocks while my heart is thumping hard against my chest. I don't know why but I don't like walking by myself. It gives me the chills because I feel like someone is lurking. 

Just like a vampire. Yes, they still can be deadly. The police can't do anything about it if someone is by themselves and a vampire kills them. They are too powerful. Even the Vampire King and Queen. The sun is creeping below the tall trees, the houses I'm passing are dead quiet and no cars decide to pass. 

I crack my knuckles uncomfortably and I sigh, letting a fog of breath come out of my mouth. My music is low so I can hear things around me... which I do. I move onto the sidewalk once a loud car roaring down the street I'm on. I don't decide to turn my head, maybe the car will speed passed me but it doesn't.

"Hey human, want a ride home!" Someone yells at me when the car slows down and rolls at my walking pace. I don't gaze at them, I just look straight to show maybe I don't see them. I pretend that I'm jamming out with music. Suddenly, something hits my feet and I gasp, jumping away. I look down and there's a half empty blood bag beside my shoes, some blood staining them. I gag a little as I finally look up at them. It was the group down the hallway with the boy in my Physics class driving. Five of them all burst out laughing with their windows rolled down.