Bound By Blood: 3. The Other Brother

I'm staring into those dark blue eyes, the vampire who is banging against the door. Where the hell is Mr. Cervini! The vampire that Dylan says his name is Alexander, he's the Vampire King and Queen's son? I don't even know, I don't keep up with the vampire things. Because I don't care. But why is he here? At this school. In front of me? His eyes give me a pleading look and he pauses from trying to open it.

"Let me in." His foggy voice demands through the door. I turn my head to Dylan and he shrugs to me. "Vampire-" My gaze turns back to the door and his eyes turn to Dylan. "Open the door."

"No, what are you doing?" I ask Dylan when he gets up, walking towards the door.

"I have to obey to the Royal family." He says to me and right when he was at the door, Alexander vanishes from our view and another figure appears at the door. Mr. Cervini meets his eyes with Dylan and he purses his lips into a thin line. Dylan takes a step back and Mr. Cervini unlocks the door, letting himself in.

"And what were you doing?" He barks to him and Dylan tries to talk but he stutters.

"The Vampire Prince, Alexander was just at the door." I help Dylan out and he nods as Mr. Cervini lets out a laugh.

"You all must be out of your minds. I was just at the door no one was here and the Royal family isn't allowed on school grounds." He takes a step closer to Dylan while Dylan takes a step back. "Now, sit down, you broke my rules."

"No, you actually said, no talking or phones." I spill out and his fierce hazel eyes turn to me.

"Good job Diana, you just gained yourself and Mr. Dylan here three more hours of detention." My mouth gaps open and Dylan groans, plopping down on his seat.

"But it's going to be night. I have to walk home, I can get hurt."

"Not my intentions." The jackass responds back while walking to his desk. I mouth 'sorry' to Dylan and he waves his hand towards me like it wasn't my fault. I lay my head against my arm that's laying on my desk and darkness takes over me.

Someone is tapping my shoulder and I let out a groan. I open my eyes as I rub them with my fingers and I lift my head up. Dylan is looking down at me with a grin and I realize that it's night out and it's only us.

"Where's Cervini?" I yawn while getting up and grabbing my backpack.

"He left, trusted me that I'd wake you up." I grin back while we both walk out of the classroom and down the stairs. We both go out of the doors and I start heading my own way, digging my head in the collar of my baggy sweatshirt I'm wearing.

"Wait, Diana." Dylan shouts to me as I turn around. He jogs to me, stopping across from me. "Listen, about yesterday in the car and Gabriel almost attacking you, that wasn't necessary. You're actually pretty cool." He laughs, his white teeth shining in the darkness and for once, he doesn't show his fangs as a threat or... at all.

"Apology accepted." I awkwardly smile while he turns to see his car in the parking lot.

"Yeah, anyways, do you need a ride home?" Dylan shyly replies back and I nod my head. I may have accepted his apology but I still don't trust him.

"No, it's fine. I'll survive."

"Okay cool. Um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, bye." He turns his heels and heads to his car. I watch him get in and drive off which leaves me by myself.

I take a different way, much quieter from yesterday. I didn't want to take the same path where I chucked the blood bag at Dylan's car. I still gag about grabbing the bag and thinking about it. I try to shake out the thought of getting attacked and I think out something else. Like how it's cold as hell and I know that I'm going to freeze. I finally reach home as I unlock the door and I walk to the kitchen.