Bound By Blood: 47. The Sacrifice

We start to run up the stairs but Mr. Walsh comes from behind and throws Xavier down the stairs. He grabs me by the neck and I start to choke at his grip. My head feels like it's ready to pop off my head.

Xavier flies back up the stairs with vampire speed and grabs him by his hair. Mr. Walsh let goes of me and I take a step back while Xavier throws him over. He falls off the stairs but into the flames. His yells are loud while the flames engulf him.

I grab Xavier's arm and we take the exit stairs and run up to the roof because the fire was chasing after us. We climb up the latter and finally, the hot sun is beating down on us on the roof. The roof was already sinking in because it's so old and the fire isn't helping out either. A gapping hole appears in the middle, wood collapsing down to the first floor.

Flames and smoke floats in the air and the smell is too much to handle. Xavier and I run to the edge of the roof, looking down at the ground. I get dizzy from how high we are but Xavier turns me to face him.

"We need to jump."

"I can't." I cry and he sighs.

"Diana, I will be next to you to hold you tight." I nod and we hold hands, turning to face the sky. I take a deep breath ready to jump off but suddenly, a sickening crack run through my ears. I turn to face Xavier but his head is sideways and his hand weakens its grip on mine.

He falls off the roof helplessly without me and I looked away because I couldn't watch him land. He couldn't have splat like a watermelon but he could have broken bones. Mr. Walsh is next to me and pushes me so hard I fly back and fall on my back.

I look up to him while he walks to me and his clothes are burnt to crisp. He smells like burning flesh, worst then Xavier's leg and his face is falling apart.

"This ends now." He says, grabbing me and picking me up. He knees me in stomach, extreme pain running up my body. His fangs bare at me, ready to rip my throat into a mess. Before he can do it, someone runs to him and pushes him. I fall on the ground, my head slamming hard and my eyes cross. Blurry vision consumes it and I see two people fighting.

It's King Jean and Mr. Walsh. I feel like I'm going to vomit and I know now I have a concussion. I get up and they are fighting near the gapping hole. Jean is stronger and faster than him, dodging his hits and kicks. Suddenly, he punches Mr. Walsh so much, he slips back and falls in the hole.

Before he goes in, he grabs Jean's ankle and pulls him down to the ground. I scream no while running to the hole. It's sinking below my feet and I know the part I'm standing on is going to collapse too. The smoke and heat is so hot I have to squint to see. Jean caught the edge with his fingertips, Mr. Walsh hanging below him by the feet.

"No, grab on!" I scream at him while he grits his teeth. He lifts his other arm up and grabs my hand but he is so heavy from Mr. Walsh I feel like I'm ready to tip over and fall in the hole also except help him up. He let goes of me and I look at him confused. "What are you doing!" I yell at him but he looks up at me.

"Jump." He whispers to me before letting go of the edge. I scream, leaning half my body in the hole trying to grab him but he falls in the fire. The smoke engulfs him also Mr. Walsh's until I see nothing. My lips quiver in fright as I get up and I run to the edge. I close my eyes and I fall off, the roof collapsing more.

The breeze is exhausting and I'm breathing in ash and smoke. Suddenly, I'm caught and when I slowly open my eyes I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. It's Alexander. He puts me down and I feel my knees weaken. Xavier's unconscious body is next to us while I go on my knees, trying to wake him up.

"He's going to wake soon." Alexander says to me, kneeling down besides me.

"You're dead."

"I'm not."

"How? Am I dreaming?" My heart starts to race, tears streaming down my eyes.

"No, you aren't. We vampires aren't allowed to touch witches and years ago when Florence was living with us, she was falling and I caught her. By touching her, she gave me a vision how I'm going to die, the same way I just did. Getting staked in the heart. She couldn't have me die so she put a spell on me, when I died like that, I will be resurrected." I hold in more tears, thinking of Juliet and Jean.

"But Juliet..."

"She didn't know, Diana. Juliet's gone."

"Alexander, your dad." I say, facing the building that's in fire.

"I know." He mutters, tears streaming down his cheeks. I turn around and a couple of feet away from us is Juliet's body on the ground. I hear ambulance near by and a car. Guards from the mansion run to us and from far, I see the Queen run to the building, her hand covering her mouth.

"Jean? Jean?" She calls while running to us. She looks at me for an answer and I nod my head no. Her eyes widen and when she sees her dead daughter, my heart breaks.

She runs to her, falling on her knees and caressing Juliet's face. I have never heard someone scream and cry so much. But she did just lost her daughter and husband. And for some reason, I feel like it's all my fault.

An ambulance stops short in front of us and humans run to me. I tell them I'm okay, trying to get away from them but they insist me that they check me. I obeyed. They cleaned my bloody neck and bandaged it while telling me I should go to the hospital. I said no.

The fire trucks came and watered down the building but it eventually collapsed. Xavier woke up and started to cry with his mother and brother, mourning about the deaths of Juliet and Jean. He didn't really realize that Alexander resurrected from the dead.

We took the car back home to the mansion. I spoke to my parents and they were going to come to see me. I don't really want to see them, I'm already crying enough. Xavier and I held hands in the back of the car, I'm leaning my head on his shoulder while he lean his against the window. Alexander had to calm his mother.

Her cries wouldn't end.

I thought a dream would be nice to have after this whole thing but I didn't.

I had a nightmare of falling in that hole also.

Less than five more chapters left.

Lets just give our silence for Juliet and King Jean's death.

Vote
Comment how you are feeling.
Follow me.