Bound By Blood: 20. Lost In The Delusion

~Just because this book reached 3K. Y'all are probably annoyed by me now because I'm always leaving an author's note. Hehe... Now go read this chapter, you'll like what I left you all close to the end. The next chapter is by all my favorite. Now you don't have to but help me reach more votes on the chapters! I want go reach a higher ranking in Vampire than I am now.~

My friend. My best friend.

Is dead.

How is that even possible? I was just hours ago at the school, told her to run back inside. But now her corpse is hanging over me, her head hung low from the tightness of the rope. Oh my god. I feel like things are crawling all over me, things I haven't thought of since years ago. Since I lost my mind. I just lost one of the most caring people who has been by my side when I was going through tough times. And now I lost her... and I lost myself. I couldn't correspond anything that was processing through my head because I was staring at Madison's half open eyelids.

That's when reality hit me in the face and I let out a bloody scream. I hear voices running through my head, blaming me that I did this but I was trying to shut them out. No, it's over! This hasn't happen to me for a long time but now it's coming back. My past is haunting me. I yell at myself, telling myself that it's not my fault but my head is agreeing with my blurry side. That it is. A pair of arms grab me and I realize it's the King, hushing me to calm down.

"Diana, please calm down." He tells me, my eyes connecting with his. The Queen follows behind him, looking over Madison who is still hanging.

"She was my friend." I choke out to him over the tears that finally let loose. They fall down my cheeks while the whole family comes, especially other vampires that are living in the mansion.

"Frederick, get her down!" A vampire nods and walks up to Madison's body and reaches up, grabbing the rope around her neck, snapping it loose with his own hands and catching Madison's body before it hit the floor. I run to her but the King pulls me back, calling Juliet's name. "Take her back to her room and leave her there. The rest of my family, my sons, wife and daughter... meet me at my office. Now." He says but before Juliet can grab me, I take a step away and I run off. She calls my name but I run down the hall and into my room, slamming my door shut.

"Diana, let me in." She argues because I locked it before she had the chance to open it.

"Just leave me alone, go with your family." I cry into my pillow and I hear her sigh, not asking again. I hear her footsteps fade and that's when I let out a loud bawl. I couldn't take it anymore, this pain in my body. I need to let it go.

I get up, walking to the bathroom and shutting the door. I gaze at myself in the mirror and the image of Madison wouldn't get out of my head. She had a big loving family, they needed her. So she can support her siblings but now they will worry why she isn't home from school. Than they'll get a call that she's dead. I rub my eyes hard so my vision can blur. I look back up to the mirror and I grit my teeth, holding my breath. That's when I lost control. I punch the mirror as hard as I can, the mirror smashing into pieces of sharp glass. Blood is oozing out of my knuckles uncontrollably and I slam my fists into the sink which had all the glass. I feel disturbing pain against my hands while I hit them, the glass cutting me up. I close my eyes, coughing out a cry. When I open them, I stop. Blood is all over the sink and my hands and wrists are covered in it.

I walk back out and I crawl on my bed, trying not to think of the blood dripping off my elbows quickly. I can't open them from the pain because I know small pieces of glass can be deep in my skin. I pull one of the blankets over me and I close my eyes, taking one last breath before rethinking of what I have done.

I am the person I was three years ago, again.

Xavier's POV:

What the hell just happen? Diana's scream appeared out of nowhere and we all followed it, bumping into her frail body and someone else's over hers. I remember that face of her friend's- the one that she saw at the school today.

I walk in late into my fathers office minutes after the incident and when I open the door, my whole family is in there.

"So she's crying?" Mother asks Juliet and she nods silently, concern taking over her eyes. Are they talking about Diana?

"I guess she's dead?" I ask about the girl and everyone turns their head to me.

"Yes, Doctor Amber checked her, her neck is snapped, the rope couldn't have done that. Her body was still warm too, so she wasn't hanging up there for a while."

"Mother and father, Xavier and I need to tell you two something." Alex says and I nod no to him.

"At the party yesterday, Dylan Decker said to Diana that she created an enemy which is him and that there's more. He knows about the Prophecy but he can't tell anyone, he doesn't know why. He is bound to say who." Father looks at him puzzled while mother mumbles 'dear god' under her breath.

"Why didn't you tell us!" He shouts back and I keep my head low, no one is going to listen to me.

"I was today but this happened. I don't know if it was Dylan or someone else but they are after Diana." Alex exclaims and silence echoes through the room.

"Fine, fine. Everyone go back to what you were doing. Everything will be okay, don't worry. We have plenty of guards in here to protect us."

"Really, because they didn't catch the person who put that poor girls body to hang from a chandelier!" Juliet shouts and I snap my head to her, a bit surprised that she snapped like that. She never does.

"Just go, I got this." Mother walks off with Juliet first, trying to calm her than Alex behind them.
"Xavier." He calls my name while I turn around, catching my eyes with his.

"Yes?"

"Please stay with Diana, go check on her... actually, stay in her room tonight. What just happened was a threat, I can't trust her being alone."

"Why me? I don't want to." I do want to see if she's okay but I also don't want to show any emotional feelings towards her. I feel sick thinking that I'm suppose to be with a human. It's really a pity.

"Because you are suppose to be with her. You two are part of the Prophecy."

"Whatever." I mutter, turning away and heading up the stairs. I reach her bedroom door and I turn the doorknob but it's not butting an inch. It's locked. I go through my pocket and I take out her bedroom key that I have for emergencies if she does anything stupid. I open the door and I walk in, realizing that the room is dark except the lamp lit on the desk.

"Diana, are you-" I pause at my walking and a whiff of something sweet hits my nose. I clench my jaw while walking closer to her body that's on the bed. I smell her blood which is messing with my head. I feel light-headed and dizzy, my eyelids fluttering from the smell of it. "Are you bleeding?" I ask, grabbing the blanket that's over her body. I push it off of her and I take a step back, blood all over her arms and soaking through the sheets. Pain shoots through my stomach and I'm wondering if it's hunger, confusion, sad, or concerned?

"Diana, what the fuck!" I scream which causes her eyes to snap open and her heart to race from the soft beats I was hearing before I walked in.

~Yo, at least she's still alive...

Hope you guys are happy that I put an Xavier POV!!

vote

comment

follow me :))