Bound By Blood: 21. Come A Little Closer

Xavier's POV:

"Diana, what did you do!" I scream at her, I don't know why I'm screaming. I don't know if I am getting pissed at the thought that she hurt herself or that I'm upset she did what she did.

"Leave me alone!" She shouts back at me while I'm towering over her at the edge of the bed. This is not going to end well. She lets out a loud cry again, digging her head deeper in her pillow and a wave of her blood hits me again. I look down at her hands that are bawled in fists and I smell it fresh and wet. She is still bleeding.

"Get up." I say but she doesn't listen except mumble to herself, something like 'no'. "Diana, get up!" I scream, getting on the bed and trying to grab her. I'm hovering over her while my legs are on each side of her body and my knees resting on the mattress.

"NO! Leave me! Let go!" She screams, moving around uncontrollably under my body so I can't grab her. I finally grab a hold of one of her wrists but it slips out of my grip from her wet sticky blood.

"Stop moving." I say through gritted teeth, grabbing her shoulders and pinning her down while her eyes are closed and tears streaming down her face. I finally grab her wrists again and I move off of her, lifting her off of her bed. She screams and cries again while I start to drag her into the bathroom. I open the light while it flickers open and hurts my eyes for a couple of seconds from the brightness. I go to the tub and I put one foot in, sliding until I have fallen in and I throw Diana on top me.

"Stop!" Diana shouts in my ear and I pin her down on my chest, her back on me.

"Calm down!" I reply back, lifting my foot and turning the nozzle, freezing cold water coming down at us from the top. She shouts as the cold water is pouring down at her while the side of her face is pressed up at my chest.

"Please stop." She finally chokes out with her low voice which kind of soothed me.

"Are you not going to try and run now?" I ask her, moving a strand of wet hair sticking on her face away. Diana nods while chattering her teeth from the coldness. I sigh, using my foot to turn the nozzle again while warm water comes down. Her heart beat slowly paces down when I hear it like a melody. She takes a deep breath while closing her eyes and the water filling in the tub. It felt relaxing, having it hitting us and Diana breathing softly against me. I realize that I still have my arms wrapped around her so she can't leave, the water rinsing her bloody arms away. I lean my head down to her head, kissing her shoulder and staying like that, the heat of the water and the smell of her consuming me.

Minutes passed and we are still in the tub together, the water becoming cold.

"Diana, get up or you'll get sick." She lets out a sigh, trying to move. I helped her up, turning the water off and stepping out of the tub soaking wet. My hair is ruffled everywhere and I probably look like a mess. She loses balance until I grab her by the waist but I pause. I narrow down at my holding and I feel her warm skin through her wet shirt. I shake it out, making her sit on the toilet and grabbing the first aid kit in the cabinet. I turn the sink on, letting her dried blood and glass pieces in there run down the drain. I grab one of her hands, wrapping it up in bandages so it can stop the bleeding while I do the same with the other.

I leave her in the bathroom so she can walk by herself while I use my vampire speed to run around the room and change the bloody sheets. Luckily, her blood didn't seep through the mattress. I change the sheets and I throw the clean blankets over them. I go to her garbage and I throw the old sheets in there. Diana finally comes out dripping wet while I turn my gaze to her.

"Go get changed into sleeping wear. I'll be back, I'm gonna go get changed too." I softly say to her but she doesn't respond except head to her closet. I leave her room and I run to mine with fast speed so it won't take that long. I take off my wet clothes and I put on a pair of boxers and a white long sleeve shirt. I go to my mirror and I ruffle my hair dry with a towel before leaving. When I reach her bedroom, she is laying down on her bed wearing pajamas. I walk up to her and I move her hair away from her pillow because it was wet. I bit my bottom lip, turning my heel until her voice stops me.