Chapter 10

CLARKE'S POV

The next morning was a rainy one. Octavia offered me her tent for the night whilst she went away with Lincoln. All night it poured, making it almost impossible to sleep. It was that, or the fact Lexa was running through my mind constantly. In this case, it wasn't just a cheesy thing to say since she really was in my head ALL THE TIME. Is she going to be okay? Does she know I care about her? So many unanswered questions.

I turned around in the warm blankets, listening to the pelting rain crash down onto the tent. I never wanted to get out of bed. Not today, not ever.

"Good morning sunshine" Called Raven as she burst into my tent, drenched form the rain.

"Ughhhhh" I groaned as I pulled myself deep under the covers.

"I thought I'd bring you breakfast...well lunch, considering it's 2pm" She giggled, tossing an apple onto my shivering body.

"Shit!" I cussed, throwing the covers off my body. I guess I did fall asleep...

"Slow down commander girl. Abby said no visitors for Lexa today...apparently she had a rough night"

"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled.

"Nothing bad. Something about no sleep. Probably the rain."

"Oh that's good news" I said relieved.

Raven reached over to the chair and grabbed my clothes.

"Get up, Monty is telling stories in his tent." She said, throwing me my pants.

I nodded and tossed my clothes on quickly. Nobody wants to miss Monty's stories.

That night

Today was probably the first day that I actually showed improvements. My mind had been clearer and there weren't many horrid thoughts. Although, I hadn't seen Lexa all day and it was driving me nuts.

Octavia had stepped out again, giving me her tent for one more night. After the two months I've been away, they turned my tent into a lounge room.  I didn't mind Octavia's room. It was massive and had 2 beds. I guess Lincoln slept here often...I mean the beds weren't exactly big enough for two.

I stumbled over to my bed, exhausted from all of the activities. I reached over and grabbed my nightshirt. I undid my leather jacket, letting the cool air cover me with goosebumps. Releasing the jacket from my body also revealed the wound that was cut into my shoulder. It was better now since I had applied the paste but it wouldn't leave a very attractive scar.

I pulled my shirt above my head and flung it onto the floor. At that moment I heard the flap open from the tent and I turned around quickly to see who it was.

"Oh-oh..I'm sorry...I'll ugh go.." Lexa stuttered to say.

I blushed and held up a shirt, trying to cover my bra.

After a few moments Lexa was still staring and I felt my cheeks go hot. She obviously noticed because she started to blush and she quickly turned around.

I pulled my nightshirt on and strode over to Lexa who was still facing the wall.

"You can look now" I whispered.

She turned around and continued to blush. Lexa still wasn't wearing any warpaint which gave me that same fuzzy feeling inside. Though her eyes still showed pain, so I lead her to the bed.

"I've never seen you without so many clothes" I joked. She only had on a white shirt and jeans which was weird since she always wore such an elaborate amount of padding and clothing.

She looked at me funny.

"Anyways.." I continued. "Shouldn't you be in medical getting treated? I mean, you were half dead yesterday."

"I am a grounder. I get through my pain." She stated.

"This isn't just pain Lexa...This is your health"

"I do not want to be there anymore. Just let me spend the night with you. I need to see a familiar face" She admitted.

I nodded and patted the bed space beside me. Although the bed was small, we managed.

She lay towards my face and searched inside my eyes for some sort of feeling I was having. But to be fair, I didn't know how I was feeling myself.

"Clarke of the sky people...I claimed my love for that day but you never said it back." Lexa muttered.

I tucked a strand of her beautiful hair behind her ear and looked her in the eye.

"I love you" I said, kissing her tenderly on the lips.

She nuzzled her head under mine, next to my collarbone and quietly fell asleep. She was so remarkably beautiful. I could only smile about how comforted I was. And for the first time since being with Finn, I felt happy. Not the cheap happy, but the real happy.

Note: This is NOT the end yet