Chapter 12

CLARKE'S POV

The next day Lexa was back in the medical tent. Every time I asked to see her she rejected the request. After last night I couldn't see why she wouldn't want to see me. We were together weren't we?

"Raven have you been to medical today?" I asked, approaching her at the gate.

"Yeah I was just in there. What's wrong?"

"Lexa is refusing to see me" I muttered, looking down at the dirt that was still muddy from the pouring rains.

"I'm going back later. Maybe I'll get a chance to see her." She explained, trying to make me feel better.

I nodded and strode away slowly, acting a little mopish. Ever since I was taken by the grounders, rules were strict. I wasn't allowed to leave camp in case it happens again. After all, I was being hunted now by a majority of the clans. There were things I had to take care of out there right now though...for one I needed to find Indra to come to terms with the Grounders once again. We cannot afford another war. I cannot afford to lose another person special to me.

I walked across the camp finding the dead part of the electric fence. If nobody knows I left then no one has to worry. Especially now that Lexa does not want to keep an eye on me, I can do things my way.

LEXA'S POV

Last night was a mistake. I showed many signs of weakness and I relied on Clarke to be there for me. How could I act so clingy and unreliable? I cannot rely on the sky people to protect me and take care of me.

"How are these bruises doing?" Asked Abby.

"I am fine" I announce, trying to show the strength in my tone.

"Yeah? Because you've got a fever and your cuts are partially infected still."

I shook my head and stood up, attempting to intimidate the weak sky person.

"Lexa you may have been through many more battles and may have gone through more pain, but that should not mean you are always strong and never weak." Abby shot at me.

At first I felt taken aback..then I felt angry....then I felt a wave of truth crash over my head.

"Abby, where is Clarke?"

"I'm not sure, you just told me to send her awa-" I cut her off as I limped across the tent and out to the camp.

"Raven, where is Clarke?" I ask quickly.

"Why would you care?" She said, looking at me with disgust.

"I need to speak with her"

"You took someone away that I love. Why should I help you get someone?" She spat at me.

I stared at her hard feeling anger rush through my body. Or was it guilt?

"I do apologize Raven. I do."

"I don't even know where she went" She admitted.

I rolled back on my heels and quickly walked away, frantically trying to find her. I made my way to the back of the camp, following the fence. Maybe she was keeping watch. As I walked along the boarder I found something that seemed to belong to Clarke. It looked like a piece of cloth torn from her Jacket that she was wearing...yet it was stuck in the barbed fence.

I found a stick and threw it a the fence, trying to see if the electricity would burn the stick. It didn't. My heart began to pump ferociously and I walked quickly, returning to the Medical tent.

"Abby!" I said, rushing over to her.

She looked at me and opened her mouth but I was quick to cut her off again.

"Clarke...I think she's gone" I sputtered, showing the leader in me quickly dissolve.

"What do you mean. She was just here...don't be silly"  She said, trying to calm me down.

I looked at her and shook my head, denying her words. When she wouldn't stop trying to assure me, I pushed her away and handed her the tear from Clarke's jacket.

"This was in the fence. I know it's hers" I said, trying to get the words out as fast as possible. "Clarke wouldn't leave the camp unless there was something she wanted to take care of. She knows she's being hunted. She's in obvious danger. I need to go."

"Hold on Lexa, you aren't going anywhere in your condition." Abby said, putting herself in front of the door.

"You obviously do not understand the ways of the grounders. I don't expect you to anyways. Let me go or I will have to go with a fight."

I watched her examine my face for a few moments and then slowly step away.

"If you truly believe this is your duty then go. Get an army from Marcus." Abby said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and strode out, heading toward Bellamy and Octavia. An army would be no use. It's too risky losing more people.

"Bellamy, Clarke is gone. We are to leave instantly." I said no more, leaving him to understand the situation for himself.

"No way" Octavia growled. "We go alone but you stay. How can we trust you? Besides, you're weak. You will only slow us down."

I felt the anger beginning to bubble inside me. I looked her in the eyes and before she could blink, I had her on the floor, straddling her waist.

"Do not under estimate me you weak sky person" I growled back at her.

After letting her try to push me away, I got up and brushed myself off.

"Like I said, we leave instantly. Grab your stuff." I said, turning away, clutching my burning wounds in the process.