Chapter 11

CLARKE'S POV

I lay beside Lexa's beautiful sleeping body. I traced her shoulders with my finger carefully, not wanting to wake her. Her hair lay perfectly over her shoulders, which were clothed with the finest silk. I felt a small bump in the back of my throat which lead to a few hot tears to come falling down my cheeks. I felt a small movement from her and quickly closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. Lexa rolled over, facing me. I felt her soft touch wipe away the fallen tears. Her arm slipped over my ribs and lay on my side. The warmth she made me feel  sent heat racing through my body. Lexa's lips explored mine and I couldn't help but tug back at her. I wanted to feel her lips...I wanted to feel her.

I jolted awake from my sleep as I heard a loud crash from across the tent.

"Lexa?" I muttered sleepily. I felt a slight rustle from under me, realizing it wasn't Lexa who caused the clutter.

"Clarke" Lexa moaned, tugging at my waist, trying to pull me down.

I listened close, making out the faint footsteps that were now coming from outside.

"Did you hear that?" I whispered, looking at Lexa who had nuzzled into my side.

"Octavia probably just came back to get something" She said with assurance.

After a few silent moments, I decided that whoever was out there could be a threat to the camp so I tucked my blankets over Lexa and quietly got up.

I pulled back the tarp that played as a door and I cautiously looked around. Through the dark of the night I could make out a tall mans silhouette.

"Hello?" I called out, walking towards him.

As I got closer and closer, I was able to make out the familiar bushy hair and tall lean figure of Bellamy. When he saw me approaching, he took a seat on a rock that lay beside him.

"What are you doing out here in the cold?" I asked sweetly.

"I came to look for you. Maybe you wanted to go see the butterflies with me but..I could see that you were...somewhat busy." He said softly.

"She was feeling vulnerable" I objected quickly. I cared so much about Bellamy and I knew that by the way he looked at me, he felt strongly for me. Unfortunately I am unable to return those sorts of feelings.

"Clarke, I only want to see you happy. My duty is to protect you and if this is what you want then I won't stop you, but like I said, my duty is to protect you and she's already hurt you once...what makes you think she won't do it again?"

"Because she has nothing left to protect Bellamy! She can't possibly have another reason to hurt me."

Bellamy looked at me with his soft eyes and nodded his head slowly.

"You're defending her Clarke...she wasn't sleeping with you because she was feeling vulnerable." He whispered as if waiting for me to object again.

"No. She wasn't." I admitted.

"Be safe Clarke" He said, getting up and starting to walk away.

"Bellamy wait!" I called after him.

He didn't wait, nor did he even turn around. I watched as his silhouette disappeared through the fog.

I walked slowly back to camp, replaying the scene over and over through my head. I needed Bellamy more than anything...

"Where were you?" Asked Lexa, who stood at the opening of the tent.

"Just went to see what that racket was. And shouldn't you be laying down? Those wounds aren't going to heal themselves."

I watched as she took a deep breath in and painful one out. She closed her eyes for a moment and leaned against the table next to the entrance.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking over and holding her steadily with my arms.

"I'm fine" Lexa said confidently. I felt a firm grip around my arm, indicating she was still using me as a support.

I walked her over to the bed and laid her down carefully. Even as she lay peacefully, she didn't loosen her grip and kept her eyes open, monitoring my every breath.

"You should really sleep" I said convincingly.

"You possess such beauty...I wouldn't want to sleep if I could see you here with me." She said, tucking a hair behind my ear.

I leaned over and kissed her tenderly on her soft lips. As I was pulling back, I felt Lexa's arm caress my back. I found her lips once again against mine. I felt dizzy with pleasure and I refused to retreat from her arms which were now wrapped around my waist.

I felt her small kisses running down my neck, working down to my collar bones. Lexa shifted in the bed, and I lied down, letting her straddle my waist now. Her fingers traced the outlines of body slowly, causing me to shiver at her tender touch.

I looked up at the beautiful figure that sat atop me. She bucked down and planted a kiss on my mouth. From there, she worked down, removing any clothing garments that got in her way. As the soft kisses reached my lower stomach, I began to feel a rush of heat through my body as it had in the dream. She brushed her hands on my stomach as she began to kiss my inner thigh softly. A moan escaped my mouth, causing me to blush and causing a faint smile to sprout across Lexa's face. Lexa continued to make love to me, without a further remark. The heated feeling also continued to rush through me. After more kisses and teases, I felt Lexa's soft fingers brush against my sex. I tensed with pleasure and groaned with need and want. As she slowly began to insert her finger, I felt the heated feeling inside me turn to flames and I threw my body up, unable to control the feeling that absorbed my body.

After a couple moments, I lay back down, still getting small shivers through my body. I opened my eyes again and watched Lexa straddle my waist. The shirt she once had on was now on the floor, revealing the awful wounds and bruises. I brushed my hands up her thigh and across her stomach, contacting the cuts displayed. I watched her squint with pain. Her eyes looked sad and the same expression from when she first told me she cared about me returned, causing me to hold her head in my hand. She placed her hand on mine and laid on my chest where we lay until sleep took us away.