Chapter 12 - Jully or nah?

Ally's POV:-

After exchanging numbers, myself and Nathan bid our goodbyes. I walked to the lockers and then Candice and me went to the nurse's to check on Jule. He was just helping himself with the cotton pads when we arrived.

"You all right now?" I asked him. Gosh, it did look bad. It was acid, after all.

"Yeah I am good. Just a little burn that's it. The wound has been cleaned already. Just the final cotton layer to prevent dust infecting it."

"You want me to help?" Without waiting for his answer, I walk ahead and start placing the pad properly over his burnt flesh. I feel like I am going to throw up. I gently clean the antiseptic liquid which was dripping from all over his palm. What good did this nurse do at all?

All the while, I could feel Jule's eyes on me. I was still rubbing away the drops, when I feel him pushing my loose hair strands behind my ear. I look up at him and smile hesitantly.

Candice cleared her throat loudly, making me jump.

"I guess you are just fine. So I'll le-leave? Yeah".

Jule smiles a little. You're dead Candice. Just wait for me to get out of here. I look up at him awkwardly and he just smiles back. His blue eyes hold mine. He leans in and pushes the loose strand of hair, which had so wrong timings of getting loose, behind my ear again. My heart beat quickens up a bit. His fingers trail on my cheeks and I close my eyes. I guess I look like a fool because when I open my eyes, he is staring at me.

"I am sorry. I-I just got carried away-"

"You are beautiful" he cuts me off and I freeze. He looks at me with so much intimacy in his eyes and I can almost feel the heat building between us. A knock on the door broke my gaze and I proceeded towards the wash basin. I could hear Ross' voice. I returned and the nurse, whatever her name was, was back as well. She was instructing Jule about something. Ross held my wrist and pulled me outside.

"I am going to ask Candice now. You sure she doesn't have a date yet right?"

"Positive!" I beamed! Yay I am so happy for you Candice.

"Alright! I'll go catch her before she leaves. I'll text ya okay? Bye" He ran off before I could even wish him luck.

I turned around to see Jule behind me already.

"Hey. I didn't notice you coming." I said innocently.

"How would you when you were so busy discussing 'plans' with Ross" he chuckled.

"Hey would you not mind giving me a ride home? My hand is not to be trusted for handling the steering so I talked to Hank to take my car home, he lives just the next street and we ride together so it wouldn't be a problem. I was going to ask Ross but I see he has got much important things queued up and so I wouldn't want to bother him. Which leaves me with the option of riding with you. So I walk up here to ask you whether you would do me the honor." He just half smiled making me smile in return. "So will you?"

I laughed.

"Sure. Come. Let's go."

"Hey and I only ride in class - A cars so if your isn't one of those-"

"Don't worry. I've got it all arranged" I teased and he laughed. We reached the gate but I could not see Max anywhere. I looked at the place he normally is, but he wasn't there as well.

"Looking for something?" Jule asked.

"Rather someone. Max"

"Max? Max! You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend." He shouted.