Chapter 30 - Make the choice Ally, its time

This part is dedicated as a birthday gift for my friend @Margiiii . Happy  birthday Maggiiieee! Hope you have a great day ahead <3

"Ally, are you ready honey?" I hear mum calling me. I look at myself one last time in the mirror, my red sweater going well along with my black pencil skirt and my hair finally settling in with the curls.

Perfect.

Today, myself and dad are going to be meeting with a hell lot of people to decide and prepare for the most important deal of the company, scheduled this weekend, which would bring in perpetual fortunes. Today is going to be a long day for sure.

Picking up my Givenchy bag, 'cause its Thursday and its the one day I keep for not going with my standard Gucci or Kors, I head out the room.

Oh wait. My phone?

Ughh!

I turn around to go inside again and pick up my phone from the nightstand. I hurriedly start downstairs.

Oh wait. I'm still wearing my PJ slippers?

Ughh.

I have surely left my mind back with Candice. I turn back again to get my heels.

Oh wait. CANDICE!

I'm dead. I'm so dead. Like there can be no species on this freaking planet as endangered as I am right now. I can't actually believe I left without even dropping a message to her.

Stop freaking out Ally. You are not supposed to care about this. You've got better things to occupy yourself with. What happened to you?

My inner self says and I stop looking around for my heels. I stand still and look at my reflection. Have I really forgotten who I am. Did I just get way too lost in these stupid high-school months to remember what my goals are? Have I started to set in the typical 'high-school' sterotype?

I stare at my reflection and push back the strands of hair covering my face.

I am Ally Ricosta. Heir of the Ricosta Corp. I shall not get distracted by stupid boys and low class dramas. I remind myself.

"Ally, I cannot afford waiting for you to get ready until evening! Hurry up darling."

I hear dad shouting and the phone drops from my hand. I bend to pick it up and then suddenly what dad just said hits me.

He cannot afford waiting till evening.

Evening.

Last evening.

Nathan.

Nathan would have waited the entire evening for me. Or would he have read the message I left for him. Maybe he would have replied. I haven't had a chance to check my phone since yesterday.

Whatever. This is not the time to do that. Looking around, I quickly grab my stilettos and rush outside the room. I literally run down the stairs and when I reach there, I see two irritated faces staring down at me.

"What? I was just getting comfortable." I say bending again to wear my heels.

"Are you done? If not, I'll send another car." Dad says glancing at his watch, clearly irritated.

"I'm sorry dad. Just lost the practice. Not to be repeated, I promise." I say with my chin up.

"That's like my darling." Dad says, leaning forward to kiss my forehead. That's when his phone starts ringing.

"Oh yes, Ernesto. We will be there in 10 minutes." Hell no. How did I forget about this man. "Yes yes. Keep them busy. I'm on my way."

Dad hangs up and without any further word walks out the room.