Chapter 2: Mentally Unstable Characters are my Aesthetic

After the odd encounter in the woods Frank had never expected to see Gerard ever again. But he had been wrong to think that. He had seen him in the hallway of their school.

Gerard had walked up to Frank and they exchanged numbers. Frank wasn't sure if he should text him first, maybe that's what the slightly older boy was expecting? It had already been a week since they exchanged numbers. Frank hadn't seen him since then either, not that that was out of the ordinary seeing as he had only 'known' Gerard for a little over a week.

That evening Frank did however receive a text. 

Frank glanced at his phone lying on the other side of his bed realising the buzz he heard was because he had received a tex. He made an immense effort to stretch in order to grab the phone from his bedside table. He really wasn't in the mood for moving. 

He looked down at his phone to see he had a message from Gerard- Holy shit Gerard had actually texted him. This older boy that was way out of his league was making attempts to talk to him. Frank swiped the notification and quickly typed in his password. The seconds passing almost painfully as his phone took ages to open, and then unlock and open 'messages'. 

His heart was beating a little faster than usual but that wasn't because he had any feelings towards the boy, of course, it was because Frank was anxious. He had always been like this, often on edge because of the smallest thing. For example, when receiving a text his heart picked up a quicker pace. 

Gerard: 'Meet me at our spot at 5'

Franks heart began to race even faster. He even felt a bit light headed. He doubted he would manage to deal with this without having a panic attack,

His head began to spin. He felt stupid. Well, it was stupid to get so worked up over a fucking text message but he couldn't help it. He barely knew the guy and it was freaking him out. Questions began to race through his head at literally a gazillion miles a second.

Frank had already felt anxious all day. On the verge of a panic attack every second. And right now Frank felt as if he was hanging off a cliff, his hands clinging to the ledge as he waited for his upper body to give up.

Frank felt pathetic for reacting this way, it made him feel so weak and inferior compared to others. 

He finally managed to recollect himself and give Gerard a short confirmation of,"See you there"

He glanced at the clock. 4:30. Fuck. He looked himself up and down in the mirror. Disgusted by what he saw. Red cheeks, pudgy face, wrinkled trousers, unrecognisable stains on his shirt, black hair that hung over half his face when he didn't bother to style it and of course his bare arms. Frank sighed. Searching for another shirt to wear. 

His eyes scanned the floor knowing he hadn't put anything away in his wardrobe. He grabbed a black misfits shirt that looked okay and decided that this was the best he could do. He grabbed his phone and slid it into his back pocket. Immediately hurrying out of his front door.

Frank was almost by the clearing now. He was nervously fiddling with his shirt and his hands were shaking slightly. He wasn't planning on seeing anyone today- or for the rest of the weekend, but he didn't want to turn Gerard down. 

And if Frank was completely honest it seemed like more of a command than a question for him to come meet him. Frank was anxious for why Gerard had even wanted to see him again. He wasn't exactly interesting and their encounter the other day was nothing special. Gerard seemed like such an interesting guy and Frank was definitely the opposite to that, well at least in Franks opinion.