Chapter 21: Coffee Shops and Deep Talks

A/N: God DAMNIT WATTPAD

I wrote this whole chapter and I was happy with it and now it's gone and I'm sO MAD.

And maybe the meds and therapy had worked.

But he couldn't help but feel unworthy of this.

Depression had been like his blanket, completely enveloping him in a sense of sad security. He had gotten used to having it surround him, restricting his breaths and holding him down.

But now it had been ripped from him. Leaving him exposed and scared and terribly, terribly, vulnerable.

His therapist reassured him that this was okay- that he would feel more comfortable once he had gotten used to the feeling of being able to breathe and move again without restriction.

Frank truly believed her, he trusted her. But that was okay. It was okay to trust someone. It was okay to let them in.

Recently he had been discovering himself and Gerard had helped. Showing Frank the world how he had always seen it. As beautiful. For Frank, of course, this was a completely new perspective, but he couldn't deny that he liked it.

Maybe everything wasn't as bad as it seemed.

Frank smiled looking over at his boyfriend sat next to him on the bus. This was love. This was happiness. And this was how he wanted to live.

Gerard smiled back, taking his boyfriends hand in his own. Everything was okay. Things would be okay. They had each other.

Of course not everything was perfect, but it wasn't meant to be. This was reality and the pair of them was okay with it. Franks hands had been lightly shaking since they got on the bus. Gerard hardly noticed, whilst the shorter tried his hardest to pretend he too, didn't notice at all.

"Frank?"

"Uh huh?"

He got up, gently pulling his boyfriend to his feet and smiled a little, "it's our stop."

They were now sat opposite each other in a small coffee shop. Frank sipped tentatively on his coffee, slightly tense in his new surroundings.

"You've really never been here before?"

Frank shook his head.

"Well you've really been missing out - this is easily has the best coffee in town," Gerard took a big gulp of his coffee as if to prove his point.

"Oh shush, you're only saying that to get free coffee," a waitress whom seemed to know Gerard exclaimed, swatting him playfully.

She had the same colour hair as Gerard, only her hair went just past her shoulders, ending in small curls. 

"Can you really blame me?"

She simply rolled her eyes and turned, fixating her gaze onto Frank.

"So who's this cutie?" she questioned.

"Oh this is Fran-"

She squealed. Literally squealed. Earning her a few odd looks from some of the grumpier customers. "The Frank?"

Gerard chuckled from behind his coffee mug, "yes, the Frank."

"Oh my gosh finally I get to meet you!" she smiled brightly at Frank, "I'm Lindsey, oh- and Gerard never shuts up about you."

Lindsey winked. Causing a slight blush to creep on to his and Gerards cheeks.

Frank hadn't spoken and he wasn't really sure if he was expected to, but nevertheless he had no idea what to say. Thankfully a customer called over Lindsey and she groaned quietly, heading off to attend  to them.