Chapter 30: Life Carries On

Gerard had been completely and utterly shattered when he heard what had happened to his beloved boyfriend. Hearing it and having to realise it, day by day, made him want to give up himself. Dealing with the pain of loosing Frank was harder than over coming any addiction. 

For a while, he wondered how Frank could subject him to this kind of pain. Make him go through absolute hell. He reckoned he had come to understand it now though. Frank was ill. It wasn't his fault, not really anyway. Frank had never really been grounded. He had never really seen things the way a 'normal' person was supposed to. Frank never really meant to hurt him. He had been blinded by his own pain and Gerard couldn't say he blamed him for ending his life. Not anymore.

But in the end Gerard had to move on. Sure he had contemplated taking his own life and joining his dearly beloved boyfriend but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He would never forget him, he knew that, but he also knew that he couldn't spend his whole life thinking about what he could have done differently and how his life would have turned out if Frank had never taken his own life.

Gerard moved on. And it was okay to do so. He would always love Frank but that didn't mean he couldn't create a life for himself. He ended up forming a band in his late twenties. Ray and Mikey were in it as well. They had needed an extra guitar player though and deep down Gerard knew that Frank could have fit into that role perfectly. And it made him sad to think about the fact that Frank had to die, but he knew that that was how it was supposed to be. Frank was at peace now, he was no longer a slave to his own mind. For the few months that the two of them had dated it shaped Gerards whole life. Frank impacted him in a way no one else could. And even though he went through tremendous pain, he was grateful. Eternally gratefully for having met that sad eyed boy at 2am in an unlikely place.

But like it was said before, he moved on, maybe not completely. A part of him had been destroyed when he had seen his boyfriends coffin lowered into the ground, a part of himself that was only ever meant for Frank. However, Gerard ended up meeting Lindsey, a beautiful woman who was an amazing bass player and had captured Gerards heart almost immediately. He loved her so, so much. Almost as much as he had loved his Frankie.

Frank was his soulmate, maybe not in the way that they were meant to stay together forever but nevertheless he was a soulmate of sorts. But so was Lindsey.

And now on this day, with his daughter snuggled up on one side of him and his cat laying contently on his lap, he knew that everything was okay. Frank had always been absent in a way, as if he never belonged there. It still hurt to think of Frank but he had a certain reassurance. He peered out his window and looked at the expanding night sky, the very night sky Frank had adored so much and whispered, "I won't ever forget you."

He knew Frank was okay now, he was among the stars.

A/N: That's some corny shit right there. I actually wrote this a month or two back and oh god it's a bit cringe worthy but so is the rest of this story.

So yeah, this is it.