Chapter 7: Ugh, Boys (Marceline's POV)

Chapter 7: Ugh, Boys (Marceline’s POV)

I slid off of the windowsill, slamming the textbook I had been pretending to study from shut. I was completely dazed, and near tears. I absolutely could not believe that Snape had just seen what he had seen… And I couldn’t help but wonder why he had been so upset when he figured it all out. I would expect him not to care…

I began to stumble away, still in a daze, but Draco grabbed me.

“Come on,” he said, trying to kiss me again. 

I shoved him away from me immediately.

“What was that for?” he asked.

I stared at him. Did he really just ask that?

“Are you crazy?”

            “What's wrong with you? I was just trying to kiss you again.”

We just almost got caught twice for hooking up in the hallway, and he was still trying to snog me? What was wrong with him?

“Draco, think about it. Snape and Dumbledore just almost caught us. What the hell is wrong with you?”

I turned and began walking away from him.

“Why did you get all defensive?” he asked.

“We could get expelled!”

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“To bed,” I said sharply.

He tried to put his hand on my arm again but I quickly moved away. 

“Don’t touch me!”

I walked away from him as fast as I could, but he sprinted after me.

“Seriously, Marceline, what’s your problem?”

I laughed sardonically. He really was insane.

“Oh, nothing,” I said sarcastically. “Nothing. Especially not that we nearly got caught. That couldn’t possibly be the reason that I'm just a tad upset!”

“Come on, can we please talk?”

“No!” I nearly yelled, coming to a sudden stop.

 He tripped over my foot again. I didn’t care this time. He didn’t even say anything about it. He was too focused on everything else.

“Everything is fine. Come on, let’s just kiss and make up…”

I shoved him away from me again. I admit the shoving was a bit much, but I was furious at myself.

“That was a serious violation of school rules! We could get in a lot of trouble!”

I began walking again, hoping he would finally leave me alone.

“Marceline…”

“WHAT?” I screamed. “WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT?”

I hadn’t realized how loud I was being so close to the common room. The door of Snape’s bedroom flew open at the same time as the door to the common room. I wasn’t paying attention to it at the time. And although Draco looked completely stricken, I continued screaming.

“I BELIEVE I HAVE MADE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR!”

“Calm down, Marceline!”

“Don’t touch me!” I yelled again as he tried to take my hand.