Chapter 11: The Less You Know, the Better (Marceline's POV)

I stumbled back to my bedroom that night in a complete daze. In fact, the next few days were a blur. Potions class was bizarre. I couldn’t wrap my mind around what had happened, and I found myself staring blankly at Snape the entire time. He would call on me for questions that I would’ve normally been able to answer in a matter of seconds and I wouldn’t be able to answer them. And it wasn’t only Snape who noticed.

I knew it was a matter of time before Draco figured out that something was wrong with me. I was acting like a complete idiot, and it had to be noticeable.

            “What the hell is wrong with you?” he asked me suddenly during lunch one day.

            I had been very involved with my pudding, and jumped when he yelled at me, my spoon clattering to my plate. I looked up at him, angry that I had been yelled at.

“Nothing is wrong,” I mumbled, picking up my spoon and poking at my pudding again.

“You're acting like a zombie. You never say anything, you never even look at anyone anymore, except for Snape. You must have a crush on him or something.”

I dropped my spoon again, this time pudding splattered onto the table.

“Obviously not,” I lied. “He’s a teacher.”

“Yeah, a teacher who you obviously have a crush on.”

“Shut up, Draco.”

“Hey, I'm not the only one who’s thinking it. All of us can see it.”

“Well obviously you all see what you want to see. I don’t like Snape.”

“So then why do you constantly hang around his classroom, take extra lessons,” he put air quotes around ‘extra lessons’, “and give him puppy dog eyes?”

“I don’t,” I said, picking up my spoon for a second time.

It was hard, lying like this. Obviously I just wanted to blurt out that yes, Snape and I had a relationship and that we were in love with each other… but I couldn’t.

“Well if you don’t like him, why don’t you kiss me?” suggested Draco with a smile.

“We’re fighting, remember?” I said.

“Not anymore. I think you should kiss me.”

“That’s not all you want,” I said, disgust in my voice. “You're not kidding me, you're a hormonal teenage boy. I know what you want.”

Draco smiled that annoying half-smile that made me want to punch someone. In fact, I really, really, really wanted to punch someone.

“Come here, Draco” I said, my voice falsely sweet.

“Wh—”

I reached across the table, grabbed his tie, and pulled him halfway across the table, knocking platters, plates, cups, and candles out of the way. I got up on the table on my knees and started making out with him. Everyone stared at us in shocked silence. I knew that teacher would notice sooner or later, but until then I had my hands all over him.

“Miss Abbey ad Mr. Malfoy!”

I recognized McGonagall’s voice. I continued kissing Draco. He had finally started kissing me back, but now that McGonagall was trying to break us up he was wriggling and trying to get away from me.

“Marceline, let go!”

McGonagall grabbed me and dragged me off of the table.

“Exactly what do you think you're doing!” she demanded. “You destroyed the table, disrupted the other students, and acted in an extremely inappropriate manner!”