Chapter 10

»Mackenzie's POV«
Just because you're out of the country, doesn't mean I can't get to you

Oh wow. Is someone out to get me? I don't know who would do that.

"Look at this," I say, showing my phone to Kenzi.

"Probably just a stupid fan."

She's right. Yeah, she's definitely right. I'm just paranoid. I've been a little paranoid since past events...

I turn off the tv, and Kenzi jumps up.

"Dude!" She shouts.

"Sorry, but I forgot that I have to go to the store. I'll see you later."

"I thought you said you were going tomorrow."

"Yeah, well, I changed my mind. I want to go today. I have to clean the house tomorrow, so I won't have time to go shopping," I lie. "Ok, you can go now. Bye!"

"Oh, um, ok. Bye," she says, sounding a little hurt. Maybe I did come across rude. I'm stressed. I really don't need to clean the house tomorrow, it looks fine. I just need to get my mind off that stupid text.

I sigh, and walk out of my penthouse to the elevator. I don't feel like driving, so I wait for a taxi to come by.

I walk into the grocery store. As I'm about to pay for everything, my phone buzzes. I pay, then walk to the parking lot. It's from Nia, saying Chloe got into an accident, but she's fine. My throat tightens. Could this relate to the text?

A/N
Hi. So, OMGZIEGLER 's phone broke, and she won't be able to update anything for a while. She's planning on getting it fixed before Thanksgiving, though. And thanks sm to anyone who has favorited any of my books, read any, commented on any, or followed me. It means a lot. And wow, sorry this is short.
~Julie🌚