~Scandal~ 9

Cookie: Phew! Ok, chap 9! Yaaaaaay. Soooo.

Pic is of Derek. Longish hair version. hmm, which one is better?

Youtube song link is "Awake and Alive" by Skillet. I like this song. Something I can rock to. *head bangs* XD Its beautiful actually...to me it is ^_^

------

~Derek's POV~

"Are you ready?"

     "Shit, Evan," I snapped, "how many times do you have to ask me that?"

     "I just want you to be sure..."

     "Come on," I opened the car door and stepped out, "I'm not going to hide in your car like some coward." Like hell I'd let them intimidate me but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous. How will our friends treat us? How would the people who aren't our friends but had respected us treat us?

     I watched Evan get out the drivers side, straightening up. His eyes connected with mine for a split second before he looked away, closing the door. The moment we had stepped out the car the focus of everyones attention was directed right at us. If Evan noticed he didn't comment on it. Instead he grabbed his bag and walked around the car and the asshole walked right past me.

     "Hey," I followed him, ignoring the stares. "What the hell are you doing?"

     This wasn't part of the plan. We had both agreed to walk in together like usual. He was the one who had said that we should keep acting like we usually did at school, that we shouldn't change our routine just because of what happened yesterday.

      "I change my mind," he muttered, "you shouldn't be seen with me. It's better if-"

     "Bastard," I grabbed his arm and jerked him back to face me. "What? Now that we're back in school you think I'll chicken out and abandon you just like that?"

      He looked at me, that damn annoying blank expression set on his face. It was like he was purposely trying not to let me in. Which seriously ticks me off. Here I am willing to stand by him and the least he could do was tell me what was really going through his mind. I'm not a fucking mind reader.

      "It's not too late," he started to say but this time I'm the one who walked right past him. I didn't want to hear anymore of that 'it's not too late' bullshit. I snorted. Once I had opened my big trap and told the school we were...I shuddered...lovers, there was no going back. The damaged had been done. Friggin' Evan didn't seem to get that.

     "Evan!"

      We both looked back and spotted that damn Greg Johnson making his way towards us. You know what? Seeing his mug the first thing in the morning seriously annoyed me. I stepped right in front of Evan and raised my hand, smacking it right against Greg's forehead to stop him from moving any closer.

      "Uh, Derek?" Greg blinked, eying my hand on his forehead. "What are you doing?"

      "That's close enough, you little runt," I growled.

      "Derek, stop it," Evan grabbed my hand and put it down. He shot me an irritated look before focusing on Greg. "Good morning, Gregory."

      "Yeah," Greg mumbled, rubbing his forehead, "morning."

      "Yeah, yeah," I muttered, grabbing Evan's hand, "good morning and good-bye."

      "Why are you always so rude to him?" Evan snapped as I dragged him towards our first period class. "Greg isn't the blame for all this."