~Scandal~12

Cookie: *sighhhhhhhhhhhh* man, this is hard work! LOL I made myself write this chapter cause I was lazy at first XD But here it is chap 12!!

Pic is of Chace who plays Evan...for now. Until I find my perfect Evan, thats why ive never really described him >.< Bleh

Song is "Hot n' Cold' by Katy Perry, dedicated to our Derek. LOL

Ps. Again...this lazy Cookie didn't edit. >.< Shame on meh!!

-------------

~Evan's POV~

They wanted to play volleyball.

      I sat on a bench, relaxing against it as I watched Derek, Paul and the rest our friends set up the net. The girls looked cute in their colorful two piece bikinis, laughing and shrieking whenever one of the guys would try to pick them up to dump them in the lake. As for the guys, we had already stripped our shirts off, enjoying the feel of the warm sun hitting our backs. Someone had joked about wearing speedos but thankfully we opted with just wearing swimming trunks.

       "Derek you ass!" Annie shrieked when Derek hit her with a water balloon. I smiled to myself when she picked up a stick and chased him around with it. Everyone laughed, watching Derek dodge her blows as he taunted her. Caroline turned the radio up louder, jumping on a long log as she sang along with Miley Cyrus' song "Party In The USA". Daisy joined her on the log, bumping their hips together as they sang and laughed.

    "Woot!" Charlie clapped his hands and whistled, "shake it baby!" Josh and Drew joined him, slapping his back as he continued to cheer for the girls. Paul was the only actually doing any work, fixing and adjusting the volleyball net to make sure it was secure. Mary, the last female member of our group who had arrived today tried to help him but she kept getting distracted by Derek and Annie who was chasing each other in circles around her.

     I watched all this with a smile forming on my lips. Everyone seemed to be having fun even though we weren't the only ones in the lake. Parents with their children swam in the lake along with couples. Other teenagers were running around, blasting each other with nerf water guns. The smell of BBQ drifted in the wind no matter where you turned. Today was just a day where everyone wanted to enjoy themselves.

     My eyes drifted to Derek. Annie must have successfully hit him with one of his water balloons because his dark hair was now damp, beads of water dripping down. His wet skin glittered under the direct touch of sunlight and I found myself fascinated by how his muscles flexed as he moved, fascinated with the way he ran a hand through his damp hair to keep it from blocking his eyes.

      As if sensing my gaze, he looked up and our eyes met. He sent me a boyish grin, the smile reaching his eyes. I found myself smiling back. His attention broke away from mine when Annie threw another water balloon at him. Laughing, he dodged it in time, picked the water filled balloon up and threw it back at her. Annie gave out a girlish shriek when it splashed against her bare leg.

      Justin Bieber's song "Baby" blasted on the radio and the guys groaned, shouting for the girls to turn off the radio or change the station. I chuckled when Derek dodged Annie and joined Caroline and Daisy on the log. Everyone burst into laughter as he started singing along with them, even doing a little goofy dance.

      "Baby baby baby oh," Derek sang, causing Caroline to shriek with laughter when he pretended to hump her, pumping his fist back and forth along with his hips. "Like baby baby baby oooh," he pointed to her, "thought you'd always be mine!"