~Scandal~23

Cookie: Yo! *waves* It's been a while. Anywhoo, I present to you chap 23...

Pic is of Derek...smiling...that cutie

Song link is "I swear" by All 4 One...such a sweet song *sighs*

P.s...didn't edit...but I will as I read along the published version ^_^ excuse any mistakes *bows*

Enjoy!!

-----

~Evan's POV~

"Oh my god, Evan!"

     Annie and Caroline rushed to us before we could make it out the exit, stepping in front of us and blocking our way. The concern on the girls faces was evident and I could tell straight away that they've been worried about me.

      "Evan, are you okay?" Annie asked, eyes roaming my body with pure concern.

     I smiled reassuringly at her. "I'm fine now, Annie, thank you."

     "Oh my god!" Caroline placed a hand over her heart, shaking her head. "Wow, you scared the crap out of us. One minute we saw you stand and the next, BOOM! You hit the floor."

     "We were so worried about you," Annie sniffed, stepping up to give me a tight bear hug. "I'm sorry that we weren't in the nurses office with you but the nurse kicked us all out."

     "But Derek was there so it's okay," Caroline said, joining Annie and hugged me.

     I laughed softly, smiling down at the two girls who has become dear to me. "I'm fine, girls, really."

     "You should have seen Derek," Annie said, stepping back. She wiggled her brows at Derek who scowled at her. "The minute you hit the ground he was all over you."

     "He wouldn't even let anyone else touch you," Caroline whispered to me not so discreetly, shooting Derek a teasing grin.

    "He was soooo romantic," Annie sighed. "He growled for everyone to step back and he just swooped you his arms like a princess."

    "Like you weighed like nothing," Caroline added, giving out her own dreamy sigh. "Then he swept you away towards the nurses office."

     "Okay, okay, enough," Derek snapped, grabbing my hand and tugged me out the building with him. "You two can shut up about it now." His cheeks were beginning to redden from embarrassment.

    "Derek was such a hero," Annie giggled, her and Caroline following us out. I blinked up at the warm sun, lifting up my hand to block the rays. Even though the sun burned brightly, I still felt the chill of the soft wind caressing my skin.

     "You alright?" Derek immediately stopped walking, facing me.

      "Yeah," I squinted at the sun. "I'm fine."

      Before I could protest he took my face into his hands and he studied me, turning my cheek left and right. He frowned. "You still look pale."

      "I'm fine, Derek, really."

      His frown deepened. "The nurse said that you past out from exhaustion and stress. Did you have anything to eat at all today?"

     I thought about it and sighed. "No."

     Derek nodded and took my hand again. "I'll get you something to eat on the way."

     "Wait," Caroline walked next to me. "Where are you guys going?"

     "To Paul's house," I answered, watching Derek's firm grip on my hand. I tried to smother down the delightful feeling I got from the simple act of holding hands with him but failed. I had to smile.