1

I was late for my first day of school at Forks. Granted, it's not my real first day. I've had a few under my belt.

   I smirked at the thought and strode into the high school's office. An older woman who was paying no attention to anyone looked up at me, and her eyes widened just a bit at my appearance.

   I pretended to brush my fingers self cautiously through my honey-colored hair and smiled at her. Knowing full well that my teeth were perfect and white.

   "Hi, my name is Audrey." I told her. "I'm new here."

   She gave me another look over before nodding her head. "Right. I remember your parents calling a few days ago. You're lucky, I suppose." She said this with pursed lips and handed me a sheet of paper. My schedule for the next school year. "Do you need a map?"

   I shook my head. "I'm sure I'll get around just fine, thank you though." I quickly left the office and strolled to my first class. Here's to a good school year.

Since I was late, I ended up missing my first class, which was calculus/trigonometry. Which I quickly shrugged off, I'll breeze through that class just as well as my other classes.

   I looked down at my schedule and saw that my next class was government with Mr. Jefferson in building six. I looked up, noticing that there were multiple buildings scattered around, and quickly noticed the maroon-colored building with the letter six. I strolled to the building as the first-period bell rang, and students filed out of the buildings.

   I noticed people stopped and stared at me, though I'm sure it wasn't just because I was the new kid. My red crimson eyes were finally turning to a golden color, thanks to my new vegetarian diet, which I was happy about. My honey-colored hair was in loose waves going past my shoulder blades, my nose was small, my cheekbones high, and my lips pink and bow-shaped. I looked beautiful as a human, but I look absolutely stunning now.

   I walked into the classroom and sat down in the back, which just happened to be next to an attractive guy. An attractive guy with bronze-colored hair that looked naturally messy, he seemed lanky but also athletic, and his eyes were the same color as mine. Another vampire. He must be from the vegetarian coven that I heard about that lived here. The Cullen's, I think is their name.

He looked over at me with a curious look, and I waved my fingers at him. That only caused his eyes to narrow at me, and his mouth formed a grim line. Not very friendly, I thought to myself. I noticed his ears perked up a bit and the corner of his mouth lifted when I thought this.

I lifted an eyebrow at him. I wonder.. but before I could finish the thought, our teacher strode in, and I immediately straightened up even more than I already was. I can talk to him after class.

We both waited for the classroom to clear out before getting up from our seats. I easily strode to him, knowing I had to be careful of my thoughts. He smiled like he knew what I was thinking, so I felt the need to be prepared. I could very well put a damper on his powers if he can do what I think he can.

"Who are you?" The boy snapped at me.

I crossed my arms over my chest. Maybe I should have let the teacher introduce me at the beginning of class, this seems almost awkward. "Audrey Cooper. And you are?"

He studied me for a moment, and I knew what he was doing. "My name is Edward Cullen."

"Don't worry, I'm not a threat." I promised him. "Don't you have more in your coven?"

"How did you-" and then he stopped, and his eyes widened just a bit. "You have visions?"

"No," I laughed. "I have a particular gift with... powers, but I've met a few like you. Mind readers, I mean."

I felt my ears perk up as I heard students walk into the building. Edward shot me a look.

"Find me during lunch. We'll talk more than," he said in a crisp voice and left the room. I smiled to myself, this is progress.

I obviously made a few changes. That being Audrey now has a gift for power negation (to cancel out or diminish powers), and is no longer a shield!