17

I searched all over my house, looking to see if anything was missing or replaced, but everything was perfect. I had no idea why he was at my house, or how he even found out where I lived. I had no idea what he wanted, either. I had nothing for him, not anymore.

I was so distracted during classes, trying to figure out what, if he even was, going to do next. Edward didn't talk to me, which made me mad, and I didn't try to talk to him. 

"I think you're both being ridiculous," Alice told me and Rosalie. We got together after school at my house.

"Seriously? Edward is the one being a complete idiot," Rosalie said.

"He was yelling at me for no reason. As if I just invited Trevor over for a friendly visit," I said, agreeing with Rosalie.

"Which he should know you wouldn't. You obviously have feelings for Edward, and you've been over Trevor for years now." Rosalie said.

"See," I said to Alice. "He's the one being an idiot."

Alice shook her head. "You should just talk to him. All he's been doing since he back from your house yesterday is sit in his room, staring out the window looking at the trees."

"He can talk to me first," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're so stubborn." Alice laughed.

"So is Edward," I told her.

Rosalie sat up and looked out the window. "Speak of the devil, here comes Edward now."

We watched as Edward pulled up, slowly got out of his car and walk to my door, and then knocked. When I pointedly ignored his knocking, Alice got up to let him in.

"Hey Edward," Alice greeted him.

Edward nodded his head at her in greeting, but wouldn't take his eyes off me. "Audrey, can I talk to you?"

I looked at him for a moment, debating if I should just tell him to get lost, but decided against it. "I suppose so."

"Well," Rosalie said standing up and grabbing ahold of Alice's hand. "We should get going."

"We'll see you later," Alice said to me, and they were gone.

I looked at Edward, waiting for him to say something. I refused to be the first one to apologize because I had no reason to. He got mad at me for no reason. He should know Trevor wasn't a welcomed guest in my home.

"You didn't talk to me today," Edward said.

"Oh, you noticed?" I remarked sarcastically.

"Audrey, I'm sorry I got so upset with you yesterday," Edward said.

"You should have known that I wouldn't ever invite Trevor here," I told him.

Edward nodded his head. "I know, and I'm sorry."

"It's okay, and I'm sorry, too. For yelling at you," I said.

"It's fine. So, have you seen him around?" Edward asked me.

"No," I told him. "I have no idea if I ever will."

"He'll show up eventually," Edward said. 

I raised my eyebrows at him. Since he's a mind reader, he thinks he knows everything, which may be somewhat true, but not always. "And you know this for sure?"

"Kind of," I could hear the frustration in his voice. "He didn't so much think that he was staying around. All he kept thinking was that he would fight for you, that he would do everything he could to get you back. I could basically feel his determination to get you back about as much as I could hear it."

"It doesn't matter. He's not getting me back," I told Edward.

"I hope not," he said and smiled at me.

"You have me now, Edward. It's going to take a lot for you to get rid of me," I said.

He lightly touched my face, his smile never leaving his face. "I don't want to ever get rid of you."

"Good, because I'm never going to leave," I swear I could feel what humans would say as butterflies in my stomach.

"I hope not," and he removed his hand from my face. "But I should get home. I'm going on another hunt with Emmett tonight."

I laughed. "When will I be invited to one of your famous hunts?"

"That's how we spend our guy nights, so never." Edward teased me. "I'll see you later."

"Bye!" I called after him, and he was gone. 

Am I falling in love with Edward Cullen? I thought to myself, and I couldn't help but think that I was.