After school the following week, I was talking to Edward and his family. We were making plans for me to meet Carlisle and Esme. 

I glanced at Edward. We spent almost every day together. We instantly clicked, but I haven't gotten the nerve to think of Edward romantically while he was around. I was too afraid that he would see how I feel, and tell me he didn't feel the same, or he'd leave me altogether.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Bella at her truck, her headphones were in, and she was digging around in her bag. I quickly strode over to her, pulling out her headphones, and gave her a big smile. I became fast friends with Bella, too. The only downside is that sometimes she sits and eats lunch with us. A few nights ago, she invited Edward to study with her, I wasn't invited.

"You should wear more colorful clothes, Bella," I told her. "You would look so cute."

She looked at me with red cheeks. "I-" she stopped when we heard people screaming, and I pulled her away from her truck, seeing a van sliding on the ice, heading straight for Bella. I pulled her away with such force, she screamed out. We watched as the van hit the back end of her already beat-up truck, and Tyler Crowley came out of the van. His forehead was bleeding, but he looked at both of us worriedly.

"Oh, god!" He said. "I'm so sorry guys! I couldn't stop the van! I must have hit an ice patch! God, Bella, I'm sorry about your truck!"

"Don't worry about it," she told him. "We're not hurt, but maybe you should go to the doctor."

"The ambulance is on their way!" We heard a student shout at us then.

Edward walked towards us, and glancing at Bella he asked, "Are you okay?"

She flushed a deep red. "I'm fine. Thanks to Audrey."

"Yeah," he looked at me knowingly. "It's a good thing she was here."

I smiled at him and looked at Bella's truck. "You're lucky, Bella. Your truck took hardly any damage. Just a dent that can easily be fixed, I'm sure."

"Do you think I can still drive it?" She asked us.

Edward looked the truck over for a minute before giving his diagnosis. "It's safe to drive."

"Good." She nodded her head, then threw her bag into the cab. "Thank you, Audrey. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Be safe!" I called after her as she drove away, and then looked at Edward. "Why didn't you offer to drive her home? You could have talked to her alone."

   "Why would I want to do that?" He asked me.

   "I thought you were attracted to her," I said, looking him over.

   "I am." He told me, then turned on his heel and walked towards his car. "Bye, Audrey." He called over his shoulder before getting in.

I stared his car down while he drove away. He's always leaving me in his dust, and it's getting quite annoying.

"You get used to it," Rosalie told me, suddenly by my side.

I looked at her. "It's not exactly something I want to get used to."

She chuckled, and we watched as an ambulance pulled into the school's parking lot to take Tyler to the hospital. I couldn't shake the feeling that I changed something. Like Bella was meant to almost get hit by that van. But why? Because of Edward? He would have stopped it if I didn't, I'm sure.