22

I was sitting outside with Rosalie at the Cullen's house. She shook back her long, blonde hair while she looked out at the trees. Even though she didn't really need them, though the sun was hitting their house just right, she wore huge sunglasses.

"So, I heard you got pretty mad at Edward the other day," Rosalie said, not looking at me.

I shook my head. "He was acting childish, and I wasn't going to have it."

"That sounds like him," Rosalie said, the corners of her mouth lifting up in a small smile. "You know, when Carlisle first turned me, he was hoping Edward and I would become mates. He thought Edward was lonely."

"I could see it." I looked at her through the corner of my eye, her pale hair shining in the sun. "You two would look good together, but you and Emmett are great as a couple."

Rosalie smiled at that. "I like to think so."

"What about your human life? What were you like?" I asked her, turning to fully look at her, and she did the same with an almost surprised look on her face.

"I-" She started to say, then stopped for a moment, as if to get her thoughts in order. "What? You want my whole life story?"

I laughed at her snarky tone. "Yeah, something like that."

Rosalie's smile softened just a bit before talking again. "I was born in the year 1915 in Rochester, New York. I grew to be beautiful, and I was lucky to have such a wealthy family. I had two younger brothers, my mother was a housewife, and my dad worked at a bank. I thought a lot of myself, you know? It didn't help that my family praised my good looks and that my father was always buying me beautiful clothing. One day, my mom sent me to take my dad his lunch, which is where I met the owner's son of the bank where my dad worked at. His name was Royce King the Second, he was a very handsome man. We started going together instantly and were soon engaged. Though one day, while I was visiting my friend Vera and her baby boy, I realized that I didn't love Royce. What we had was a purely physical attraction for each other. It was that night that while walking back home I saw Royce and his friends. They were drunk, and Royce was bragging about how beautiful I was. Being in the drunken state they were in, they raped me and beat me, eventually leaving me in the street to die. That's where Carlisle found me, following the scent of my blood. I immediately sought my revenge and killed all the men who raped me. Naturally, I left Royce for last, and I tortured him. Though I did go back to the Cullens, and it was only two years later that I found Emmett being mauled by a bear and I saved him. I brought him to Carlisle, who turned him for me." Her voice turned hard while talking about her ex-fiancee, but softened in the end. 

"I'm sorry that you had to go through that," I said softly.

"So am I, though more for other reasons." She said, looking back towards the trees. "I never wanted this life. I wanted to get married to a husband that I loved and loved me back, I wanted a family more than anything. I was always the one that was envied for my good looks, but I was jealous of what Vera had. She had a loving relationship and a baby. God, I was so jealous of her. You know, I never thought I was missing anything in life. I had everything I could ever want. I felt bitter towards Carlisle for turning me because I couldn't have that one thing that made me a true woman, a normal human. Obviously, I grew past that, and I became thankful to him for saving me. I mean, I met my soulmate, and that was worth it."

"Why don't you adopt?" I asked her.

"I've thought about it, but it's not quite the same as having your own child," Rosalie told me. "There's also the fact that I would have to change the child once he or she becomes old enough. They would know what I was, and the Volturi won't let that slide."

I nodded my head. "I understand."

"You know, as much as I can't stand the idea of me being with Edward, you two are good together," Rosalie said to me. "Much better than him being with Bella."

"You just want me with him because that means he won't get with Bella," I said in an annoyed tone.

Rosalie looked at me with amusement. "That's part of it, but it's also because I like you, and I think you're good for him."

"I heard you don't like anyone who looks better than you, or as attractive," I said with a frown. "So I'm not so sure if I can take that as a compliment."

"That's true," Rosalie sneered. "But that doesn't mean you're not gorgeous. You're almost as beautiful as I am. Were you pretty when you were human?"

"Very," I said.

"Hmmm, so that explains why you're so attractive now," Rosalie commented.

I was just about to say something when Emmett came outside. He kissed Rosalie, then smiled lazily at me. "What are you two ladies talking about?"

"As if you couldn't hear," I joked, and stood up from my seat. "Where's Edward?"

"Inside," Emmett said, jerking his thumb towards the house. "He's been moping around since you two got in that fight. I really hope you're going in there to make up because I can't stand that whining he does."

I rolled my eyes while Rosalie laughed. "Right. Well, how about I go fix that." I muttered and went inside.

I didn't have to look far, seeing that Edward was inside the kitchen, looking as if he was upset. I walked towards him, sitting down on a stool on the island. 

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

Edward's head shot up to look at me as if he was surprised to see me there. "I was just thinking about you."

I cocked an eyebrow at him. "And that makes you sad?"

"No," he said, shaking his head. "I should have been more specific, I was thinking about what you said the other day. I want to apologize. You were right, I was acting like a child, and it was stupid."

"I'm sorry that I snapped at you," I told him.

Edward shook his head at me with a smile and grabbed my hand. "There's no need for you to be sorry. You should also know that I talked to, Alice. I apologized for snapping at her, I told her it was unnecessary, and that I trust her."

"I'm proud of you," I said.

"Thank you." His smile widened.

I patted his hand with the hand he wasn't holding. I was happy he apologized to Alice, and I was proud of him that he wasn't going to keep acting childish about her vision. Though there was a part of me that was hoping he might have been right. That there was more to her vision, and that she was holding something from him. It was wrong of me, I know that, but I was just hoping. I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to stop him before he could do anything wrong. Apparently, it was all up to me to figure out what he was up to.

I felt like I should add Rosalie's story in here, mostly because I've always like it. It's so sad, and you it helps you understand her better. Like, comment, and I hope you liked it!!!!!