Chapter 31

" You, Jade Matthews , are you willing to accept Arjun Rana as your loving husband?".

A few seconds of pause and she replied, "No" shaking her head.

"What???, what's wrong with you?", I yelled facing her, this was not what I expected.

"I can't marry you because......", she trailed her words.

"Don't even dare bring out any stupid reason at this moment", I yelled at her furiously.

She stared at her intertwined fingers for a few seconds without saying anything. This silence of her was killing me and there was a chaos in among the people who came to witness our wedding.

Rehaan came by my side and he pressed my shoulder saying, "Don't yell at her, bro, ask her, she may have some valid reason".

I took deep breaths to low down my anger and unclenched the unknowingly clenched fist and asked her looking into her eyes,

"Archi, what is wrong, please let me know, I'll take care of everything, trust me".

"Please let me know give me chance"

She whispered still looking at her intertwined fingers, "You never proposed me for marriage".

"What???, come again", I asked to confirm whether I heard it right.

But she repeated the same words which I heard earlier but this time more louder that our families could also hear,"You never proposed me for marriage".

At this moment I don't understand how to react for her words. As Archi being her own self I should have expected some drama earlier itself.

"But I proposed you for marriage Archi", I said trying to convince her.

"When did that happened?", she asked me giving a pointed look and crossed her arm, and continued saying, "If you talk about yesterday's conversation then do understand that was a threat not a proposal, Mr.Arjun Rana".

I stood shell shocked for some time, later Rehaan came near and whispered, "Bro, do something before she changes her mind and stops the marriage". I faced him and gave an assuring smile and then turned to face her.

I took a deep breath and went down on my knees, there was a cheer from the audience, I stretched my hand and started saying,

"Archi, you are the first one who made me to get down on my knees and you will always be the one forever. It is only you who makes me go crazy just by a smile, I love the way you smile at me, I love your childish behavior, your stubbornness, I love the complete you , and I have realized that loving you is the beautiful thing that has happened in my life and it is now difficult to stop this ".

She stood teary eyed looking down at me and I continued saying, "I promise to keep you safe and happy forever , will you give me one chance to do so, Will you marry me, Archi?".

She stood perplexed at the moment trying to understand me by cupping her face with her hands, and she had tears running down from her eyes. The cheered up saying, " Say yes",I let out a small chuckle and said,

" Archi, my knees are hurting, will you...", before I could complete she interrupted saying, "Yes idiot, I will", and she jumped with joy, we heard clapping and cheering voices from the audience.

I stood up and she gave me a bone crushing tight hug, she met my gaze and said, "I never expected you will do this, this is so overwhelming".

"Of course I have to do this, or else you were not ready to marry me".

She grinned ear to ear and said, "Thank you, I loved it though".

Our moment was i interrupted by the priest as he with a grin said, " So now Ms. Jade Mathews, are you willing to marry Mr. Arjun Rana"

Archi blushed all shades of red and replied,"Yes"

With that he announced to exchange the rings and I slipped the ring to her ring finger and she did the same.

Now it's time for us to take the marriage vow,

I clasped her hand and said, "Archi, I take you as my wife and promise you to love you more than anything in the world , more than myself, I will always stand by your side whatever may be the situation holding your hand in mine. As I have found you finally I will never let you go, rather will hold you, cherish you, love you wholeheartedly. I will be faithful to you, and protect you from all circumstances. I will work hard and earn to fulfill all your dreams and will always pamper you with love".

It was her turn to say the vow and she started with saying, "Arjun, today I take you as my husband and I promise to love you more than you do. I'll stand by your side and comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all your dreams. I'll always be honest to you and will support you no matter what comes in life. I'll obey you but exception applied at times and I will keep loving you till my last breath", a tear slipped from her eye.

Our friends and families applauded and the priest announced us as lawfully husband and wife.

Finally after a lot of hurdle and burdle Archi is mine.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter , hope it was worth the wait.
I would like to dedicate the chapter to @ALUCKY J99 and @magicalstar25 for threatening me to update this chapter. Love u girls for your Wonderful support and stay hooked with the story.
Readers please vote and comment.