A/n

Please read

Today was a sad day for quite a. Few people at school. A girl, in year eight, who was only 12 still (we start year eight like two months early at my school) died last night, she had 3 cardiac arrests and an asthma attack . she was put in a coma but died two days later. She was my friend.

I came to Gwando (local slang) after I left for a year and a term, a month or so before I came back a few of my friends from Gwando said that there was this girl and I should be her friend, so I made friends with her. We were friends for about a term and a half. She told me everything about her life. But I never share my life story, my family barely know what I feel or much about me tbh. After those terms she decided to not Like me so much. I never knew why, I just let it be because it always happens to me, I get ditched for someone else. I did cry over it though, like I do every time, and that's a lot, soon enough I just decided to let go of the people who don't really matter in my life...

On Saturday night when I was talking to my friend who was also this girls best friend she told me this

Brodie's in a coma

My heart stopped

What!?

I asked, I didn't know what to do

How?!

I also asked

Asthma, she had three cardic arrests and an asthma attack

She says

*cardiac

I correct her I hate grammatical and spelling errors

Omg really!

I say

Yeah
Brodie thinks you hated her though

That's when it hit me, I never got to apologize

Georgia, I could never hate anyone, I don't hate, I don't have it in me

That was me saying "I know what it feels like to be hated by everyone, it hurts so much, I never want anyone to feel like that, I can't hate anyone, I don't wan anyone to feel like I do"

Oh well she thinks that

Then we may or may not have talked about UFC wrestling

I can to school today and my friend Sophie came up to me and my two friends

Did you hear about Brodie, she died

She says to us

No what no way, this can't be real

My friends and I say and Sophie shows us the messages on Facebook, cuz I don't have it

No.

We all say

The school was dead quiet, not a sound but whispering. 700+ kids in my school And it was quiet. They heard the runour and were talking about it.

My friends and I went to the library , as usual, we are nerds anyway, and  few friends of mine and Brodie's were gathered around.one was on the phone crying, then it hit us. It was real.

I tried to consult everyone and get them less upset. It was hard not to cry. The bell sent and I was on the brink of tears. Seven or so girls were crying in the library and the teacher said we could stay in there. One of my friends sisters was Brodies best friend, but she was home sick so Aimee called her . Aimee just lost it when her sister said she knew, and that was when I lost it. I just cried. Ten my other friend I have known since kindergarten said "I know how it feels, I lost a cibling, I know how it feels" and fuck I lost it, her bro was real close to me too and I just lost it. I remembered I nearly  lost a cousin and I couldn't stop.

Then I remembered r conversation with Georgia.

"Oh my god" I sob

"No, no just no" I sob again

"What" on of the girls says behind the tears

"No way" I sob

I remembered, Brodie went to her grave thinking I hated her. I never got to tell her I didn't, I never got to say sorry, we never got to settle our differences...

I have now got this horrible guilt for the rest of my life and I jus want to say I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that this happened to you. You were twelve. Too young.

I'll learn to love with this guilt one day, but it is not this day.

Fly high my little soul

We think of you always
A wall in our library is dedicated to you now.

Goodnight Brodie
Forever more just a memory

All my love and kindness to you and your family -

Love me

#flyhighmylittlesoul