Chapter 11: Rose's Story

"So I didn't send you that text. It was my step-sister." "Right." I say sarcastically. "It's true! While I was texting you, she took my phone and said Who are you texting? Your boyfriend?" She said in a girly, annoying voice. "She sounds nice." Again, sarcastic voice. "Then she texted that to you. And she threw my phone back at me. She's the one who's a bitch." She says. I look into her eyes. I can tell she's telling the truth.

"Why'd she take it in the first place?" I ask. "Because she likes making my life torture. Her and my step mom. They both ruin my life by calling me the worst of names, making me do everything in the house, and occasionally beating me." She says, almost breaking into tears. I don't say anything. "That sounds terrible." I barely say. "What about your dad?" I ask, trying to change the subject. She takes a breath to wipe her tears.

"Are you Ok Ms. Flower." Mrs. Conner asks. Rose Flower, very creative parents. Anyway, Rose shakes her head. "Do you need a moment?" She asks. She nods and says, "Can Alex come with me?" "Of course." Rose grabs my hand and we walk into the hallway. We sit against the wall, and she starts talking again.

"My father travels to much to be home. I only see him about twice a year. He's nice and all, but when he's home, the other's act nice and he's still working at home!" She says, angrily. "Sounds like a busy man." I add. "Yeah. And he never listens when I say THEY keep torturing me." Then she breaks into tears. She hugs me tight. I hug her back, trying to hold in my own tears. Her life sounds terrible!

She crys and crys for a long time. Before taking a sniff and letting go. "Thanks." She says, wiping the tears from her face. "Yo-your welcome." I say, wiping my own tears. Suddenly, she kisses me on the lips. I enjoy the moment before it's gone. She stands up and pulls me up.

After hugging again, we walk inside the classroom.