Chapter Twenty-Four

I froze next to Leus, looking for any escape but at the same time, not wanting to leave him or Damian behind. The vampires prowled a good distance away, their dark hair in contrast with their pale skin in the moonlight. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of death they emitted from their standing points.

Leus tensed near my side, and I watched as the wolves crouched into their attack positions, ready to leap at any moment. One of the vampires, who I assumed was the leader, smirked at took a few steps towards the middle, a bit closer to the wolves, earning a warning growl from them.

"I'm actually surprised that you came," he spoke, addressing all of them. "I didn't think you had the balls to show up." Liam however, had his eyes locked on me, narrowing them in both confusion and malice. "But what I'm really impressed with, is that you brought a Lycan to fight along," the vampire continued, pointing to Leus.

Of course Leus was a Lycan. He reeked of power from miles away and his large physique supported his title. I felt more than safe by his side, but there was one more thing left to consider, the main reason why I was there with him. It seemed Akmar was late for her arrival, and the two forces seemed ready to go at each other at any time.

I pulled out my necklace, mindlessly staring at it as it glistened in the moonlight, making it seem more beautiful than it ever did. I tucked it under my sweater before looking up, just in time to notice a break through the skies, as a dim pale light touched the craggy earth gently. In a matter of a few minutes, the light twirled to form the shape of a female's figure, until the it was no longer translucent, but opaque.

I stared at the being for us, her long white wavy that stopped just above her knees. She wore a silver gown that covered her feet completely, glistening in the night light. I was too shocked to speak, or even make a sound. There was dead silence amongst us, allowing the night creatures to overpower everything.

She turned, observing her surroundings before concluding with a soft frown present.

"What's this about?" she asked in her angelic voice. Her deep blue eyes glancing all over. "And what are they doing here?" she asked once her eyes landed on the vampires. I didn't want to waste any time, so I took two brave steps forward, ignoring Leus' soft pleas.

"Akmar?" I tried in a small voice, trying to get her attention. She snapped her head towards mine, her eyes burning in fury still over the fact that there were vampires here.

"Who are you?" she inquired, dressing me with her hostile eyes.

"I'm Ashley."

"Who?"

"Ashley? Limen?" I tried including my last name. She still squinted at me in confusion and I almost groaned out loud.

"What is your purpose here child?" she asked, turning her full body to me. I looked back at Leus, who was in a crouched position, ready to attack if anything.

"I'm here to stop this war." This earned gasps from both parties, as well as murmurs. They thought I didn't have the power to do anything. Akmar cocked her head to one side, analyzing me with her deep sea eyes.

"War?"

"Don't listen to her! She's an outcast!" Liam yelled. "She has Omega blood," he growled. I snapped my eyes in his position, fear striking me all at once, but I was determined to put this to an end all at once.

"Hear me out. There are more wolves on the way who are planning to create mass destruction, just because this pack," I pointed to Damian and his fighters. "Have been in the lead for many years and also because they had me."

"And what are you exactly?" Akmar inquired.

"I-I'm a healer," I squeaked, closing my eyes for the reaction I waited on. There was complete silence, even the rustling of the wind in the trees seemed louder than usual.

"A healer?" I heard Akmar whisper to herself. I looked up, making contact with her eyes as they glimmered in sorrow. "I'm so sorry about your mother." I nodded in response, the words stuck in my throat.

"Oh, I'm so sad, I think I'm going to cry too," the leader of the vampires yelled sarcastically. He stared at me, with an evil grin plastered on. I knew they were there to kill me, since they thought I was still with the pack. Maybe if I didn't show up, they'd back off. I was beginning to regret this. "I need to her lying limp on the ground," he pointed at me. Akmar simply stood in the midst, not taking any actions as the vampires grew nearer to me and Leus.

Leus was the first to get attacked, but he was holding up quite fine. He grabbed them by their throats and they lunged at him, twisting it before he throw their lifeless bodies on the ground. It was beginning to look like a blood bath was about to occur, as the wolves were taking it as their cue to lung at the vampires.

I stood behind Leus, favouring his protection while wolves and vampires growls filled the air, along with death. It wasn't clear who was winning, or losing, but I knew it wasn't going to end soon.

"Stop!" I yelled over the commotion, waving my hands in desperation to cease the fighting. There were several dead bodies on the ground, blood spilled everywhere and to my disbelief, Akmar just stood there in the midst, expressionless!

She seemed contorted with anger, disdain, and some other emotions I couldn't make out. She held a hand up to the sky, causing light to stream down and pile up in her palm. Once it was full, she bent over sharply, her fist colliding with the hard earth, causing a tremendous earthquake to occur, throwing everyone to the ground. Surprisingly, the trees were still intact, but there were groans of pain and confusion as the silence relapsed once again.

"I will not have this presume in my presence!" she boomed. "Pure disrespect I call this! As well as these disgusting creatures who've paid you a visit," she cried while turning to the vampires. "By crossing unto the land that was given to ME!" she screeched, causing any nearby birds to fly away. "Run, before I change my mind," she calmly suggested. As quickly as the words escaped her lips, the remaining pale beings ran for their life.

Leus came up from behind me, placing a hand on my shoulders as he panted.

"Are you okay?" I asked, inspecting him. He had minor cuts, but other than that, he was untouched. I turned around, absorbing the mess that was before me. I wanted to heal them, but I was just one person.

"Come here," Akmar demanded, and without a second thought, I stepped to her, my eyes widening as she clasped her hands around mine. "We will heal together," she explained softly. Her emotions left as quick as they came, all the anger drained from her features. I closed my eyes, letting the energy flow out, along with Akmar's celestial power, a bright beam of light emitted from our joined hands. It grew and grew until it exploded, leaving crystal droplets in the atmosphere.

They glowed as they made contact with the hurt on the ground, restoring some form of energy to them. I didn't show it, but I felt a strong wash of relief flow through me. Everyone was going to be okay. Once they were all on their feet, or leaning against each other, I cleared my throat loudly, to get their attention.

"This has all been some big misunderstanding," I replied. I observed Akmar from the corner of my eye as she lowered her head. She already knew what I was going to say.

"What are you talking about?" a voice called. I was surprised it wasn't laced with disgust as they'd labelled me as a complete disaster. I caught a glimpse of Damian's sorrowful face. He was covered with a few bruises but he was fine. But his eyes seemed almost dead, and filled to the brim with guilt.

"You may find this ridiculous," I began. "But we're all angry over nothing..."