Chapter Eight

The night went on great but I was getting tired. One thing, that guy could really dance... for hours. Maddie was back to the bar, downing more drinks. I could have sworn she was out of her mind. This is what happens when you keep someone like her in for too long. She gets wilder than usual. And trust me, that was never a good sign.

"I never got your name," I yelled over the music to the random guy I was dancing with.

"Jaden!" he yelled back. Hmm... a cute name to go along with his cute face. "What's yours?"

"Ashley!" He grinned mischievously.

"Follow me!" he yelled and made his way through the crowd. I followed him eagerly until we came to a cooler place from the club. There were fewer people around and the air smelt way better. He sat on a soft couch and ordered drinks from a passing bartender.

"Come sit," he said patting a spot next to him. I grinned and wobbled my way to him. I wasn't exactly sober. Soon, the bartender returned with two small glasses filled with a very strong smelling drink. I was excited thinking that I was finally going to lose myself and forget about it later.

We both downed the drink and I edged closer to him. The last thing I remembered was his lips on mine and then everything went black...

***

I woke up with a bad headache. I opened my eyes, my vision blurred and I had this odd taste in my mouth. I attempted to lift my head but it felt heavy and the room started to spin. Eventually, I was able to see clearly but I didn't recognize my environment. Immediately a panic set itself the pit of my stomach.

I immediately recognized that there was a piece of cloth in my mouth, along with my hands being bonded. The walls were a deep grey colour and the floor was freezing. I looked to the right and saw a large metal door with a small window to the top center of it. I felt like I was confined to a prison cell.

I racked my brains trying to figure out what happened but I got was a severe headache. I attempted to get up hearing the chains rattling near me.

"Hello," I called my voice raspy. My throat felt like a desert... with no camels. I'm sorry but that's the first thing that came to me. It reminded me of schoolmate Camille; I used to call her camel. (Because her name's Camille... camel... Get it? No? Never mind...)

I heard footsteps in the distance and voices, but I wasn't clear of what they were saying. I didn't like it one bit, it felt like I was being ignored... on purpose.

"HELLO!" I tried to mumble against the cloth, causing my throat to throb uncontrollably. I shouldn't have done that. Suddenly the voices stopped and the metal door opened with a loud screech causing me to wince. Since when did my ears get so sensitive?

Two men walked into the room, one looked familiar but the other one was a complete stranger to me. They exchanged looks and then edged closer to me. They looked... clean compared to me. One stooped to my level and grinned evilly.

"Well, look who's finally awake," he said eying me curiously. Then he reached forward and removed the cloth from my mouth.

"Who are you and what do you want," I seethed, surprising myself by baring my teeth at me.

"Oooh, someone's not happy," he said turning to look at his friend behind him, laughing lightly. Was this some kind of joke to them? I was sitting in a filthy looking cell with my clothes torn and my body in pain and they were laughing?

I wriggled out of my bounded grasp and managed slapped him before I could stop myself. The room was silent, except from the noise I made when my hand connected with his cheek. I didn't realize I had that much strength as a bruise started to form on his cheek. I looked at his friend who looked like he was trying his very best not to laugh, but was failing terribly.