Epilogue

I stood near the walls, the freshly painted walls. Everything was new, they way they should have been from the very beginning. I wasn't sure how far we'd traveled, but I could have said it was worth to the point that I'd live it all over again.

"Sugar?" he asked.

"Of course," I smiled. Damian quickly dropped in two cubes before walking towards me with the mug of tea in one hand, and using the other two wrap around my waist. I smiled at the affection that poured from his very actions. It was relaxing.

"The pack's grown," he stated after releasing me. I nodded in agreement, following out the double doors into the wide yard which consisted of a deck and a pool. I smiled at the loud bursts of laughter that filled the atmosphere. For once, there was no looking over our shoulders.

"Ashley!" I twirled around, grinning once I saw Maddie perched on Aiden's lap. They'd been at each other eversince the beginning, and it was still going on strong. I heard Maddie mumbling something about a 'special bond' which she thought I had no idea, but I did. It was the same bond I shared with Damian.

I waved at her, but I continued walking to my destination as quickly as I could.

"Ales," I breathed as soon as I reached him. "Just the person I was looking for." He smiled his ancient smile before taking his hand in mine.

"What brings you my way?" he laughed.

"I just never got a chance to thank you. If it weren't for you, I doubt we'd be here today." He smiled softly.

"Well, you're most welcome." I smiled in return and resumed to scanning the deck. It was through him that I learned how the great ones who guarded the villagers over the hills first came about. They mainly consisted of males, being the utmost superior gender, using their physical strength and wisdom to bring peace. 

However, Akmar was the daughter of their leader, and as beautiful as she was, they had their eyes on her. In all terms, the great confusion was because of her. And she knew of it but did nothing to resolve it. And up to this generation, the stories were passed on, causing other wolves who didn't fully understand the story to hate healers and give the enemies every opportunity to come at them.

There was also a reason why the little boy's body was never found among the rubble. It was because he was never there. It was some form of illusion that was sent on us from the opposing team, in their attempts to leave us without some form of protection. And from that, they formed flames which engulfed the house with no pause.

And that night in the forest, once I'd explained everything to them, they agreed to put their different views aside and come back together as one, the way they were from the very beginning. Even Liam and Damian got back on good terms, even though he still wasn't too fond of me. And I'd finally learned how to control my wolf, without killing nearby beings.

Even Kyle had cooled down a bit, earning himself a girlfriend after all the stress he'd caused. They were too busy in their own world to notice anyone, so all was well. Everyone was here, having a great time, along with a few new members who decided to join after we'd successfully call off the fight the other wolves were preparing do. 

Jaden and Max left their leader, who turned out to be Kurt. He however, didn't join, but somehow disappeared into thin air. I shook my head all the stances. It was foolish from the start. 

Jade, on the other, moved to the north after the vampires disowned her after their supposed failure. I wasn't surprised, the fact that they were overdue to get rid of her. 

I was living up to the standards my mother lived, in all to remember her. I didn't care if it meant giving up some ways, but I felt better when I learned her full purpose, and she died for a cause. 

Daniel was the only missing from the family. He was overseas studying for a good cause, soon to be back.

And I was smiling so much these days, that my cheeks hurt. It was all for the best, everything that was in the past, only good times were recurred.

 It was all for the best, everything that was in the past, only good times were recurred

Take a look at this book on your way out!

THE END.