Part 1: Unwanted Memories

I can't remember the last time I felt this scared. My hands tied, the ropes holding my hands together behind my back rubbing painfully against my wrists. My eyes are covered with something, some kind of fabric that I can't distinguish right now. The only sound I can hear is my own harsh breathing. I didn't realize I was breathing so hard. I tried to take a deep breath, letting the air come in through my nose and out my mouth, as I had done a thousand times before. "I'm okay," I tried to tell myself, my calming breaths easing some of the terror running through my body. "I'll be fine..."

A dark laugh sounded a few feet away from me, and I flinched, my insides tightening in fear. My measured breathing stopped. I held my breath, trying to listen more to the other human being in whatever room I was in. "How cute~" A deep voice said, trying to sound soothing but making me shiver in fear even more.

The voice was deep enough that I could tell it was a man, maybe 25 or 26. I tensed up, trying to understand why I was here or what had happened. I knew that if I panicked, things would only get worse, so I tried to steady my breathing again. The voice laughed darkly again. "You really think that will work?" It hissed.

"I think it will try!" I snapped back, surprising myself with how tough my voice sounded. I thought for sure it would shake with fear, and whomever had captured me and was surely planning my demise would end me slower, knowing I was scared and enjoying it. I've watched enough horror movies and read enough horror stories to know how it goes.

He laughed again. "Tell me, Y/N," and I flinched inside. How the hell did he know my name?! Why couldn't I remember anything that happened?! "What about me scares you the most? The fact that you can't see me, or that you don't want to know what I'll do to you?" His voice sounded curious with a hint of venom in it.

"I'm not scared," I defended myself, trying to shift to face the voice without really knowing where he was. 

"Oh really?" I felt something shift me, two strong arms grabbing my shoulders and moving me towards the speaker. The hands moved away, and in the next second they ripped the cloth covering my eyes off my head. I gasped aloud at the person standing in front of me, if they could be called a person. The man stood in front of me, about 5"10 or so from what I could tell. His natural spiky hair looked dark and menacing, and his muscles showed under his red t-shirt. What was most alarming of all his features was his face. His dark red eyes seemed almost to glow, and red blood seeped from them, crusted and dried but still prominent. His white teeth shinned in a terrifying grin, and his skin seemed almost gray. "Still not scared?" He taunted. 

I shivered again, and he noticed. His grin seemed to grow bigger, and he leaned close to my face, hissing, "You will be scared soon. Count on that, Y/N." I could smell his breath and feel it on my face, and my face scrunched up, disgusted. 

He turned away from me, frowning. "Before you really get scared, I want to show you something. A fun...movie!" He gestured to something behind him, an old tv with the antennas sticking out. There was just static showing on the screen so far, but I knew better that something horrible was going to appear. On the screen, an image of a young girl, with jet black pigtails tied up with lime green and white striped bows, wearing a little cheer leading outfit with the letters "HES" on the chest in bold lime green, was frozen in the middle of doing a jump, her legs off the ground and bent at the knees. It was me. 

HES stood for Hope Elementary School. The school where I tried to do cheer leading and almost broke both my legs in the process. I had decided after that that I would never try it again, and started up art instead. How this man got this picture of me I didn't know, especially since I had deleted it long ago. He sneered at me, obviously enjoying my shock. "Surprised?" He asked in false concern. "I was, too. I didn't take you as the cheer type. But you never really know a person until you know them, right?"

He continued on without letting me say a word, as if it didn't really matter what I had to say. Ignoring my protest, he exclaimed, "I have more where that came from," and he pressed a button on the tv. The image blurred, then disappeared from the screen, the static replacing it again. Next second, another image showed up. This one showed the same little girl, this time hugging a husky, both seemingly smiling at the camera. My insides lurched. That was my dog, Charlie. He had passed away when I was twelve. 

"How did you get these pictures?!" I tried to keep the shock out of my voice, but I failed. I honestly thought I had gotten rid of those. I didn't want to be reminded of my past. But this man, whoever he was, was bringing them back!

He shook his head. "Can't tell you," he said simply, shrugging. "But I promise, they will all make sense soon."

That didn't reassure me any bit. I was starting to become very scared, and I knew it was showing on my face. I had to get away from this mad man, before something else happened that I would regret. The pictures were one thing, but the way he had said "it will all make sense" terrified me. But I kept my mouth shut and let him get to his point. 

He pressed a final button on the tv, and this time, it showed a grainy black and white film. Video surveillance. On the screen, a girl of about sixteen was running through a wooded area, looking over her shoulder every so often. She had on a long black coat, a colorful scarf that was rainbow colored but you wouldn't tell since it was in black and white, and a hat with a little pom-pom ball on top. You recognized that outfit, but you didn't know why. The dark man laughed, pressing another button on a remote I didn't know he had. The camera zoomed in, and the man paused the film on a frame where the girl had looked over her shoulder again. 

As the frame came into focus, I stared at the screen with pure terror. No. Terror can't describe what I was feeling as I looked at the screen. I was staring at my own face on the television, my worried expression frozen in tiny pixels. 

My head started spinning, and the world seemed to become more and more blurry. The last thing I heard was a sinister laugh, followed by a few words. I could barely hear them, as I was falling in and out of consciousness, but what I did hear sent chills through my body. Uttered in a voice thick with pure delight, the words echoed in my brain before everything went black. "Welcome to Raspy Hill, Y/N. Enjoy your stay."