Part 5: Out Of Time

A/N IM SO SORRY I know I'm super behind on updating stuff I am so sorry guys ;-;

Again waking up in blackness. What the hell was with these people and knocking me out?! I shivered. As if they're even people...

That man said his name was Wilford. "What the fuck kind of name is Wilford?" I mumbled out loud haphazardly.

"Shut up. It's a good name!" A voice nearby me snapped.

I jumped, or as much as I could with my arm being chained to the wall behind me. There were bars like a jail cell that I could make out from the mist, but other than that, I was blind.

The chain rattled, and the dark voice laughed. Another voice, a female, piped up next. "Quiet, Wilford." She scolded.

My blood turned cold. My heart sank and I fell to the floor of my cell with a loud "clang!" My knees were shaking so badly, and so was my voice.

I recognized that female voice.

It was the same voice who had soothed my many fears as a child, who joked with me and made me my favorite breakfast every morning (blueberry pancakes with bacon on the side). The same voice who had sworn to protect me when....he left.

That voice belonged to my mother.

*Meanwhile, Ethan's POV*

"E-Ethan?.."
I lifted my head. A tiny voice was calling to me from somewhere. My brother. "Jasper?! JASPER!!"

My voice echoes through the abyss. I had to find my little brother. I swore I would protect him! "JASSPEEER!" I called.

No response.

I couldn't see anything. There was a tiny flashlight by my feet, so I bent over and picked it up. I was in the woods. But it wasn't the usual woods Y/N, Jasper and I used to hang out in. It was much darker in more ways than one. There was a paper tacked to the tree nearest my vision. It read: "Hello. Want to play a game?"

I snickered. If someone was trying to scare me, they would have to do a hell of a lot better than that! I began walking forwards, careful where I put my feet.

Suddenly, I had this horrible smell on my nose. It was like a mix between something dead and decaying, and some rotten food. It also smells very... Salty. Like, a really weird tangy salt. If that even makes sense.

I wrinkled my nose, trying to turn away from whatever thing that's making the scent. But my feet refused to move. I would've started to panic but I slowed my breathing, telling myself it was just a prank.

A paper appeared out of thin air on the tree next to me again, this time the words written in some red gooey liquid. I swallowed hard, daring myself to read it.

"Choose Ethan. Y/N, or Jasper?"