Part 8: I Ran Out Of Scary Titles Pls Dont Judge Me

*Your POV*
Wilford laughed. You flinched, forgetting he was standing there. "What the hell's so funny?!"

Wilford laughed again, stepping closer to the bars so you could see him. "Oh, nothing, Y/N. Let's just say that your little friend decided to let you live. But neither of them are alive anymore, so it doesn't really matter who he chose anyways." He ended with a dark cackle while you felt your entire body go numb.

"E-Ethan and Jasper are...dead?!!"

The witch made a growling sound with her throat, stepping in from of Wilford authoritatively. "Go back to your post, Warfstache!"

Wilford smirked. "Make me."

The witch growled louder, but before she could do anything, Katerina stepped forwards and dragged Wilford back with a hiss of annoyance. "You're such a pest," she hissed. Wilford just stuck his tongue out at her.

I took this time to comprehend what they had just told me. My best friends were really dead?! And my...mother...had lied to me my whole life. I felt completely empty inside. I didn't even know what else to do anymore.

A radio by the witch's belt started to buzz, and she picked it up swiftly. "This is Maya....yes....no, she's not....." She paused longer this time, looking straight at me. "Yes, she's ready for an interview....okay, will do. Bye." She hung up the radio, turning back to me with that fake smile plastered on her face. "Good news, Y/N! Dark wants to interview you!"

You resisted the urge to scream more profanities at her and bit your lip, not stopping until the taste of salty blood was on your tongue.

When the witch saw that she wasn't going to get any response out of you, she shook her head in disappointment, making a "tsk" sound with her lips. "It's a great honor, Y/N..."

Again, you stayed in silence.

Finally she picked up the hint and signed, turning away. "Fine. Be that way. But don't say I didn't tell you so." Her black high heels clicked against the stone ground as she sauntered away, Katerina and Wilford trailing not too far behind. Wilford turned to face you one last time with his sick grin. 

"Hope you're not afraid of demons."