Part 4: Fear The Shadows Child

Darkness. That's the only thing I can see right now. If I'm even awake, that is. I can't tell if I'm awake or if my world is just too blurry and unfocused to make any sense. Probably both. I'm probably dead. But for some reason, I can't find any feelings inside me.

I shake my head violently. What the hell was making me like this?!!?

"Looks like someone's awake," a chilling voice sounded away from me.

I whipped my head around, glancing frantically to try and find the voice. A small "click" was heard, and then three very bright stage lights snapped on, one after the other. A dark figure was standing behind them. I couldn't quiet see him, but I knew that this was going to be bad.

"Hello, Y/N." His voice sounded sweet, like velvet chocolate. "You've been out for a long time. Are you okay?"

He sounded genuinely concerned, so I responded without really thinking first.
"As far as I can tell."

"Good, good." The figure started pacing behind the lights. "I need you to be okay for Dark. He'll kill me, otherwise."

My head started spinning. "Wha- Who's Dark?!"

But the figure kept talking, as if I hadn't said anything. "Of course, He'll want me to tell you everything first so he won't have to explain. That may take a while..." He paused, scratching his chin. "Nah, it shouldn't be too long, I guess."

"HEY!!" I screamed. "WHO THE HELL IS DARK?! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!!!"

The silhouette stopped pacing and turned to face me. He came into the light where I could see him, smiling darkly. "Oh, don't worry, Sweetheart! That'll all be told soon enough. And my name is Wilford."

(Hey guys! Steph here. My bestie and practically sister Kara helped me a ton with this, so feel free to check her stuff out too KaraTheGamer ! Below this is her writing. ;3 enjoy!)
I gulped, swallowing back fear. The name sounded familiar. I couldn't place where at the moment but one emotion was associated with it: fear. This man was not to be trusted. I looked closer at his face. Dark hair, brown eyes and glasses with square frames resting on the bridge of his nose. Most strikingly of all was the pink mustache he had.

"How'd you get it pink?" I blurted out

"That's the question you ask?" He laughed and patted the top of my head as if I were a child who asked a question like 'Why isn't dessert before dinner?'

"Fine, you want a different question? Who are you, really. It's hard for me to believe you have an absurd name like that. I doubt that's even your real name," I told him.

"My name is Wilford Warfstache, and that is indeed my real name. I suggest you don't forget it" he said with a wicked grin.

That set the gears in my brain into motion. I sat there speechless and stuttered out "M-Markiplier...H-He made you"

Wilford sighed "True, Mark did bring my character life. Unfortunately, that is the only thing people know me from"

"Y-You killed people!" I stammered trying to scoot away from him but found myself still immobile.

"Alas," he sighed, "that is true. Unfortunate, but true"

I felt my heartbeat quicken. I needed out of here now! Wilford obviously could see my fear written all over my face.

"So play nice" he said patting my head again "and we will get along perfectly"

I nodded extremely scared. Wilford pulled a chair in front of me and sat down. He grinned at my wide eyes "Somebody's scared"

I shook my head and it made him laugh. He adjusted his glasses and began to speak "Well you already know of Mark, but can you guess who Dark is?"

I shook my head. Wilford clasped his hands together and sighed "Actually try!"

"Dark...Mark...Dark Mark" I blinked "He's an evil Mark?"

"Precisely!" Wilford praised me and clapped "Dark is the evil version of Mark. And he needs you for his plan"

"What plan!?" I said panicking

"Now, now, don't get so agitated" Wilford said raising his hands and placing them on my shoulders "You need rest. This has been an awful amount of stress, I imagine"

I shook my head "Let me go you bastard!"

I began to pull and tug at the restraints. I wanted to break free and wring this guy's neck. Wilford calmly rested his gun at my forehead "Stay"

I froze. He smiled and praised me "Good"

Wilford nodded to some unseen person before saying to me "Just rest for a bit and we'll talk later. For now, my friend will make sure you rest well"

I was about to ask why but couldn't as a damp cloth was stuffed over my mouth and nose. The last thing I saw before losing consciousness was the smirking face of Wilford Warfstache.