Chapter 12: Practice

Tsuna sighed as he sipped from his cup of tea.

The brunet had fully recovered from his high fever and he went back to teaching Class E some cooking skills.

Right now, Tsuna was in the teacher's break room.

Crack!

"Uwoooh!  Nice home run, Sugino--ah!  The ball's heading towards the school!"

Tsuna's Hyper Intuition prickled; the brunet immediately raised a hand to the side of his face.

Crash!

A baseball came flying through the window, and Tsuna easily caught it in his hand; he took a sip from his tea once more, sighing contently.

He heard footsteps before a head popped up from the broken window; a certain dark-haired bluenet panicked slightly.

"Ack!  Tsuna-Sensei!  Daijoubu deska!?" (Are you alright!?)

The brunet adult merely chuckled as he set his cup down, walking over to the window, tossing the baseball up into the air before catching it as it came down.

"Looks like you're playing baseball, neh, Sugino-kun?"

The bluenet laughed sheepishly; his eyes sparkled.

"It's always a blast with baseball!"

Tsuna chuckled as he handed the baseball back to the teen.

"Please be careful now, Sugino-kun--don't break your arm."

"Hai!"

Tsuna sighed as he looked back at the room.

"Now I gotta clean all of this up..."

~~

The brunet walked towards his house; Takeshi was already there at the moment.

The brunet was shoulder his suit top; he glanced at the setting sun and blinked in surprise when his eyes caught something or someone.

'Sugino-kun?'

The boy was hugging his knees to his chest, staring distantly into the sun as he sat on the hill beside the school.

Tsuna gazed at the other before sliding down the hill, stopping beside the other; the brunet grinned.

"Yo, Sugino-kun."

The said dark-haired bluenet snapped out of his daze, looking at the adult with surprise.

"...Tsuna-Sensei..."

The brunet sat down next to the other, tipping his fedora as a greeting.

"What's up?"

Sugino sighed, looking back at the setting sun.

"It's nothing..."

Pinch.

"Ow."

Twist.

"OW!"

Twist.

"OW, OW, OW!"

Sugino swatted at Tsuna's hand.

"Ts-Tsuna-Sensei!  Let go of my aaaarm--OOOOWW!"

Tsuna smiled thinly as he released the other; Sugino rubbed the red spot on his arm, trying to sooth the pain.

"If something is bothering my students, I am not satisfied with a 'It's nothing'."

Tsuna's eyes seemed to glow brighter under the shadow of his fedora; Sugino was slightly awed by the amber orbs.