Chapter 25: The God of Death

"Onee-san, happy birthday!"

Tsuna held out a small box to Irina, who blinked in surprise.

"Tsuna-kun? How did you know...?"

The brunet smiled warmly, winking at her.

"I have my ways."

Irina took the small box and opened it, smiling at the sky-blue earrings that were within. They were twin snowflakes.

"Arigatou, Tsuna-kun. I'll wear them tomorrow."

Tsuna grinned and patted her head.

"Have fun."

Irina smiled brightly at him.

"Hai~!"

But once Tsuna was gone, Irina looked at the ground dejectedly.

"Yeah...I'll have fun....." '....Everyone else forgot....'

~~
//(Five Days Later)//

Tsuna was sad that Irina's birthday was forgotten by everyone else.

But the students then had an idea of pairing Irina back with Karasuma again, so they took Irina away and had fun with her as they talked separately with Karasuma.

The group decided on getting Karasuma to give flowers to Irina.

....It didn't end very well.

Karasuma had given the flowers to Irina in a cold way; her heart was a little torn.

Tsuna sighed softly as Irina walked out of the school, her new snowflake-shaped earrings glinting slightly in the sunlight; he quickly jogged over to her.

"Onee-san..."

She whipped her head around to see Tsuna; her eyes were shimmering slightly with unshed tears, but her face was expressionless.

"What do you want?"

Tsuna said nothing, but he brought her into a hug; Irina struggled briefly, but she gave up and simply placed her forehead on the brunet's shoulder.

"......He didn't care. He didn't care at all........"

The brunet merely ran a hand through her hair as she continued to speak.

"But I suppose...that's alright.....heh......"

Her voice wavered, but no tears soaked Tsuna's suit; he hummed softly.

"...I'll walk you home, okay?"

"....Okay."

He took her hand and started to guide her down the mountain.

~~

The two were now walking through the empty streets of the city.

The brunet suddenly felt a pressure in the air.

Tsuna stopped walking, causing Irina to bump into his back.

"Tsuna-k--?"

The brunet held a finger to his lips, eyes slightly wide with worry.

'Sh**....how couldn't I have sensed this bloodlust before? It's so...thick.'

"Ah. That would be the fragrance of the flowers. They contain a chemical to dull the five senses, including the senses of the famed Hyper Intuition."

Tsuna quickly pulled Irina behind himself as he turned around to see a silveret man standing beside a van filled with flowers.

He smiled calmly as he held a bouquet of flowers out to Tsuna.