Chapter 21: Nightmares From the Past

(O.D.D.- Gomenasai for the late update! But I just finished my exams--KAMPAAAI! (=ω). And I added Warriors by Imagine Dragons to this chapter--it's an hour long! (*^_^*))

"From the look of things, it seems like half the class has been infected. Hehehe, not bad, not bad...."

Karasuma growled lowly as he gripped his phone tighter.

"I'm going to ask you one more time...who are you--?"

"It doesn't matter who I am. Those kids aren't the only ones who are aiming for the 10 billion bounty. I can blow up the antidote with the press of a button. If you don't keep us happy, then the infected people won't be saved."

Tsuna inclined his head slightly; his fedora was hiding his expression.

''Us'? So there are more than just one enemy...'

Karasuma felt a bead of sweat roll down the side of his face.

"...It seems you've thought this through..."

"Hehehe...this plan was built on the assumption of a situation where that octopus wouldn't be able to move. Now that he can't move, it gives us all the more reason to do as we please."

Tsuna looked over at the hotel at the top of the mountain.

"The Fukumajima Palace Hotel on the mountain top, the top floor--you have one hour to come here with the 'bounty' in hand."

Another chuckle came from the phone.

"But, ya' know, Teach. You seem pretty skilled, so you might be kinda dangerous, huh? Let's see...among the people that can move, have the shortest girl and boy come up. Including....that brunet teacher of yours."

Karasuma quickly flitted his gaze over at the said selected people.

Tsuna merely looked over at Nagisa and Kaede; his fedora was still hiding his emotions.

"The front desk already knows the situation. If you come here obediently, we can trade the 'bounty' and the antidote without a hitch." More chuckles. "But, if you contact anyone on the outside...or if you're late by even a second, I'll destroy the antidote immediately."

Karasuma grit his teeth.

"Hehehehe, I have to thank you. You did well to corner that octopus enough to make him incapable of moving. It's as if the heaven were on our side~"

With that, the call ended.

Karasuma shut his phone off while slamming Koro-Sensei onto a nearby table.

'Sh**. I never imagined that an outsider would come into the picture at this point.'

Tsuna walked over to Sugino, who was coughing harshly.

The brunet sat him up.

"Okay, Sugino-kun, breathe. Nice and easy, alright?"

Sugino blinked in surprise and confusion as his stomach felt less queasy; the dark-haired bluenet cracked his eyes open and blinked.

Tsuna was gazing down at him with warm, sunflower-yellow eyes.

Wait.

Yellow?

Not orange?

Sugino groaned as his body was racked with coughs again; Tsuna pressed a hand to the teen's chest.

"This is all I can do for now..."

Sugino widened his eyes slightly when he saw a slight glow of yellow on Tsuna's palm.