Chapter 29: Of Happy and Sad Memories

(O.D.D.- You guys....you want long chapters and fast updates...but I'm really, really, really, really busy.  I really like writing my stories, but I have to keep my grades up--although if it could get me into Class E, I would fail every class I had, hehehe.  Anyways, I just want you guys to know that I'm trying my best for you guys........ Alright!  Let's get this chapter started, but let me warn you, it's full of SPOILERS! (O_o). And then there's Say Something by A Great Big World added to this chapter, enjoy! (・ω・)ノ)

"Um....those restraints look pretty tight on you."

A man in a lab coat wheeled a table along with his partner, glancing down at the man on it.

The ravenet there.....smiled.

"I'm fine.  Honestly, they aren't necessary at all.  Even without them, I wouldn't hurt you."

The scientist with the glasses blinked in surprise, smiling nervously.

"Oh....uh...well, in that case--"

"Hey, shut it!  This guy probably has the power to brainwash people, you know."

The scientist across the glasses-wearing one narrowed his gaze sternly.

"Until we get him into the experimentation chamber, treat him like he could still kill you!"

The two scientists finally wheeled the ravenet through a small door, setting him in the middle of the room.

During the entire time he was wheeled there, the ravenet was smiling.

This young man......is the God of Death.

Raised in the slums, where trust was rarely found and where corrupt people lived, he learned how to kill; he became a master at it.

He was captured...because he was betrayed...by his own student, a blonde man.

Clunk, clunk.

The restraints on the real God of Death's limbs disappeared, releasing the ravenet once the scientists left.

He sat up and flexed his fingers.

The Shinigami glanced about the room; he heard static and turned his gaze to the source of the noise.

"Good evening, guinea pig."

The ravenet narrowed his gaze slightly at the camera set in the corner of the room, but he kept his smile up.

'Yanagisawa Kotarou...'

Yanagisawa, also known as the past 'Shiro', smirked as he looked at the screens set up in front of him and his colleges; they were in a separate room from the God of Death's.

"You'll be staying here for now to be used for....my experiments.  If you resist, we can electrocute you or fill that room you're in with gasses to knock you unconscious.  Enjoy getting used to your new home, guinea pig."

Yanagisawa turned off the speaker.

The Shinigami sighed and looked about the room.

There were three, plain walls, and a single glass one.

The ravenet then took a seat on the cot that was set up in one corner of the small cell.

He started to ponder ways to escape the building, smiling his fake smile.

<<(With the Scientists)>>