Worried About Nothing

The next few days passed slowly. Courtney had huge homework assignments everyday. Adding work to the list, Courtney was dead tired at the end of each day. When courtney arrived at work on Thursday at 3:20, the little ice cream parlor on the side of a drug store, was unusually busy. Even though she was almost ten minutes early, she jumped right in with the other girl, making Ice cream cones, shakes, and malts.

Courtney became annoyed at a person, wearing a baseball cap, standing at the counter ringing the bell over and over, impatiently. She walked over to the counter, not realizing who it was that was ringing the bell, and put her hand over the bell to cover it. As she pulled the bell toward herself she said. "Can I help you with anything?"

"Um, what is with the service here? I have been the first in line for almost 30 minutes, and I keep getting skipped. I would like a Strawberry Smoothy." Said the man at the counter.

"I'm sorry sir, I just arrived. I will be happy to pay for your smoothie." Courtney offered.

"That would be...Courtney?" The man said looking up.

"Scott?" Courtney asked tipping the means hat back.

"Hey, sorry. You don't have to buy my smoothie. I got it." Scott said suddenly changing his mood toward Courtney.

Courtney went to work making Scott a strawberry movie. "Why is Scott here? Better yet, He's been here for thirty minutes. It's only 3:25. He left school early to pick up a smoothie... Why do I care about that? A better question is..."

"

Where is Charity? Courtney accendently said as she handed Scott his smoothie.

"Um...We broke up after we went on vacation. We weren't exactly..." Scott started.

"I got it. I didn't mean to ask you that." Courtney interrupted.

"It's ok. When is your break, I could come back later and we could catch up."

"Um well, Come back in an hour, and we can."

"An hour? Okay, that's great. See you then.'' Scott said as he payed for his smoothie and left.

Courtney felt stupid about her question blooper. She wanted to kick herself... Hard. The hour passed very quickly and before she knew it, Scott was walking through the door. "Hey, Lisa, I'm going to take a Break. You got it?" Courtney yelled taking of her apron. Lisa gave her a thumbs up as she made a shake.

"Hey." Courtney said sitting across from Scott at a booth.

"Hey, again." Scott said with a grin.

"So, what do you want to catch up on?"

''How was your summer?" Scott asked.

"It was good. I didn't really go on vacation, I stayed at the beach for a week with Ryan and his mom." Courtney answered.

"Ryan? Your friend, Ryan?"

"Boyfriend. Well, now he is my boyfriend."

"Ah, that's nice."

"So how was your summer?"

"Well, not as good as I thought it would be."

"I'm sorry. How was it good?"

"Well, we went to L.A. this year for vacation. That's when Charity and I decided we weren't going to stay together."

"If that was the good part, what was the bad part?"

"I didn't get to spend my summer with you." Scott blurted out.

"Aww. I'm honored. But, that would be the best part." Courtney said feeling her cheeks turn red.