Episode 1: Aura

It was a bright afternoon yet there was a precarious tension in the air. This was not noticed by one person in particular who was attempting to hide from the world. “Idiot” muttered Matt to himself, as he lay on the floor underneath his bed. He stared at the wooden beams on the underside of his bed, frustrated and upset with himself, but unable to cry, or shout or express himself. Hours passed and nothing happened other than the movement of the clouds in the sky.

Outside, three figures stood outside of the house Matt was currently occupying. “Here it is” announced one of the people. He was the same age as Matt, with green glasses. His hair was brown and curly and his smile was both relaxed but warm. “Reborn” asked the second person with a more confused tone, “Do we really need to do this?” The third person remained silent for a moment, then spoke. “Idiot-Tsuna. Of course it is” replied Reborn with a smirk.

The sound of knocking came from Matt’s door. Matt didn’t respond. “Matt, it’s me. Tobi” spoke the voice of the first person from outside. “Aniki” whispered Matt to himself. The door opened and there were the sounds of three people walking in. Matt waited for a moment before Tobi’s head appeared upside down as Tobi leaned over the edge of the bed. “You’ve got visitors” said Tobi, “So be polite and get out”. Matt thought about moving but before he had the chance to argue, a green cord shot under the bed. The cord grabbed his arm and yanked him out with enough force to send him crashing into the wall. As Matt rubbed his head to relive the pain, he noticed Tobi sat on his bed next to another boy, who was wearing an orange and white hoodie, with brown spiky hair and a startled expression. Then he noticed Reborn. Reborn was perched on the edge of his desk holding Leon in his hand smiling as the breeze flowed through the open window, his hat ruffled slightly by the wind and his sideburns bobbed a little. Matt couldn’t help but be impressed, as even the aura given off as the sun glinted behind him, was incomprehensible. Matt opened his mouth to speak but Tobi began. “Matt, this is the Tsuna and Reborn that Lambo and I-pin wrote about” Tobi explained. “Hi” greeted Tsuna, ”it’s nice to meet you”. Reborn looked at him and smiled, “Ciaossu”.

Matt sat in the rear seat of the car with Tobi on one side of him and Tsuna on the other. Reborn sat in the passenger seat napping with his eyes open, his eyes blinking every once in a while, giving the creepy feeling he was awake. The driver was a short man with a bold top to his head. He had introduced himself to Matt and Tobi and Giannini, the self-proclaimed number one Vongola technician. Giannini sat fiddling with the controls on the car dashboard, attempting to talk to Reborn, who was either ignoring him or was actually asleep. Tobi listened to Tsuna who was talking about some of his experiences with the Vongola mafia, heavily outlining the dangers. Tobi however was far more excited by the prospects. Matt stared out of the window at the passing sky, half listening to Tsuna’s voice, but trying to think about the events of the day before, and what Reborn had told him…