Episode 9: Return to Namimori

Eleanor stood in a smouldering crater. Her clothers were ripped, her sword raised in front of her to guard, green sparks of electrisity crackled. Her breathing was heavy as she her gaze flickered between Gamma's two black wolves and Gamma himself, who was stod on the rim of the crater. The sun shone from behind him giving him a powerful aura as he stood, his snooker que in hand. "You think you can keep going?" asked Gamma, shouting to cover the distance. Eleanor responded without hesitation. "Bring it on!" she retorted. Gamma grinned,whispering to himself: "Okay then".

"You need to create your own style" explained Nosaru as he sliced three dummies apart with his scythe. "My own style?" asked Morgan, swiftly slicing apart two dummies. As Nosaru and Morgan disscused fighting styles, they proceded through the training hall, dispatching the straw dummmies with ease. When they reached the other end, Morgan took a moment to catch her breath as Nosaru pressed a button on the wall. The dummies that marched into the room were not made of straw. They seemed to be wood and metal, with moving limbs and kendo swords. "Let's see how well you do now?" suggested Nosaru with a grin. Morgan drew her katana and charged.

"Let's be honest, you have no real way to fight right now" pointed out Byakuran. When Matt thought about it, he was entierly true. Byakuran was still smiling though. Matt looked confused but Byakuran began to explain. "If you remeber, I belive Reborn shot you with a dying will bullet, causing you to enter dying will mode. That's cool and all, but it's only just stronger than you are now," spoke Byakuran, "I know that unlike Tsuna, you actualy have already trained in martial arts, which makes things better for me!" Matt noded, as depite his out-of-the-way personality, he did train quite a bit. He smiled until he saw Byakuran's worrying grin. "Tsuna couldn't use hyper dying will mode for a while because he was unable to handle it's effects on the users body. However, since I belive you can, we can skip the boring bit and get straight to the serious training." As Matt tried to understand what Byakuran was saying, he noticed Leon was swelling up on Byakuran's shoulder. Byakuran picked Leon up smiling, "This is why he sent you along, isn't it?" Leon glowed before vomiting up a pair of black fingerless gloves, then proceding to fall asleep on Byakuran's shoulder. Byakuran handed the gloves to Matt and Matt put them on. "What are these for?" asked Matt but Byakuran simply smiled. "You'll see" he responded as a burts of sky dying will flames shot from his ring, hitting Matt in the forehead. Matt was stunned and stepped backwards.

"Not going to cut it Tobi" said Reborn shooting at him with two black pistols. Tobi hid behind a crate to avoid the incoming shots. He tried to catch his breath but Natalie jumped at him, swinging her double-edged scythe. He was just able to duck as the crate was slashed in half. "You need to fight back" advised Natalie swinging her scythe once more, narrowly missing Tobi's head. He ran shouting: "I would if I knew how!" But he couldn't continue talking as he was once again shot at by Reborn (who was purposefuly missing but Tobi didn't know that).

"One sword style" breathed Morgan sweeping her sword in an arc of silver. The dummy fell to pieces as she caught her breath. "No, to simplistic," critisised Noasru, "You need to be more creative an artistic. The technique has to express your style." Morgan stared at her katana. "My style... hmmm...."

The battle between Gamma and Eleanor was fierce. Gamma was clearly the stronger of the two but tenaciously, Eleanor battled with all her might.

"What is this" asked Matt looking at his gloves. The orange dying will flame on his head was far stronger than it had been in dying will mode. Matt's eyes had changed to a shade of orange, and the gloves had transformed, covering his hands with dying will flames. "Currently your body and those gloves are acting as conductors for dying will flames, the energy form of your resolve" explained Byakuran, pleased at the results. "Right now your not used to this mode, so we should spar, in order to get you used to it," he suggested smiling. Matt wasn't sure why, but he felt a new found surge of confidence. He charged at Byakuran, unaware of how much faster he was mving now. Despite Byakuran being able to counter all of Matt's punches and kicks whilst hovering with his white wings, Byakuran felt happy that he had helped Matt's growth so much in such a short time.

Later that evening, the Gilio Nero dining room was filled with food and smiles.Uni sat at the head of the table talking to Emma and Tsuna. To their right sat Gamma and Byakuran ( who had Bluebell hanging off of his arm), who seemed to be getting along relatively well. Nosaru was still discussing techniques with Morgan as they ate. Matt and Eleanor were talking to a boy named Ross, who was a student of Byakuran's who had returned during Matt's training session. Ross was a kind person and a personal ninja mafioso (in training), so Matt and Eleanor listened in awe at some of his tales of adventure.

It was a bright morning and the sun was hsining as those waiting to go to Namimori stood in the warm rays of the sun. Matt, Morgan, Eleanor, Tsuna and Leon were waiting along-side Emma and Ross, who were going to return to Japan with them. It had already been arranged that they would stay in the Gillio Nero family lodge in the mountains surrounding Namimori. They waited smiling as Byakuran prepared his box once more.

Later that evening, Tobi and Matt were swapping stories of what they'd been doing for the past few days. As they spoke, Reborn looked out the window at the setting sun. "Well, they're late, but it was worth it" he smiled.