Episode 4: The End

Slowly, Matt forced his eyes open. His left eye was covered with blood, making it difficult to see anything. His body was in agonising pain like he had never felt before, but somehow he was able to crawl slowly to his knees. Matt coughed heavily, spitting up blood, because of the heavy smoke that clouded the air. Suddenly there was a large bang from an explosion and Matt became horrifyingly aware of his surroundings. He was in the middle of a scarred battlefield resembling an area Namimori, the whole area was torn up, on fire or blown to pieces. The sky had been blotted out by the sun, and the only light came from the raging infernos. The sounds of fighting raged all around Matt. Matt was terrified. He tried jumping to his feet and running but the pain throughout his body wouldn’t let him run or walk. He heard the sounds of crying and noticed Tobi on the edge of the crater to his left. He was cradling a lifeless body, sobbing with pain. Matt averted his gaze out of fear, but to his horror, Eleanor was next to him, resembling a demon with a red eye that paralysed Matt with fear. As Eleanor stood, soaked in blood, she said to Matt, “Don’t worry. I can keep fighting”. She was missing her right arm, but was still holding her black sword with her left hand. He heard a scream behind him. As he turned to look, he saw Gokudera and another person, hanging broken in the claws of a giant crab. The girl who screamed was engulfed by a blast of light and disappeared as the sound of screaming grew quiet. Over the crest of the crest of the shallow crater, Matt could see a floating figure, with a spectrum of light exuding from him, but yet the light had a dark and menacing aura about it. A figure attacked him using his tonfa and another tried to blast him with a huge burst of red energy form a rocket launcher. The figure simply waved its hand and the energy dispersed, and shoved his other hand through the chest of the person with tonfa. The light’s intensity brightened and a huge shockwave landed both the tonfa and rocket launcher wielders next to Matt, both of whom looked dead. The floating figure moved toward Matt. Matt wanted to run now more than he ever had before in his life, but he was unable to even yell out. As the figure landed a few feet in front of Matt, Matt could see it was a man, with long blonde hair and a huge white jacket. “And now”, spoke the man in a calm but satisfied voice,” It ends”. Matt felt his life end…

“Matt! Matt! Wake the fuck up!” Matt heard voices and then the feeling of someone repeatedly slapping his face. He awoke suddenly, almost jumping to his feet as if his body was now trying to run away as he had so desperately wanted. His vision blurred. It was dark. He was still in his and Tobi’s room. He was panting and sweating like he’d just been for a very long run. Tobi and Tsuna were staring at him with concerned looks. Reborn switched on the lights and walked over to Matt. “What did you see?” Reborn asked. “But Reborn!” complained Tsuna. “It was just a dream, right Matt” added Tobi, unable to mask his concern. “Matt” spoke Reborn in a much more commanding voice,” What did you see?” Matt felt too ill and frightened to answer but he was able to croak out a sentence. “I. I saw- everyone was dying. Everything was- destroyed. It was… the end.” Everyone fell silent.