My Prize

I awoke to the sound of snoring. Volstagg has always been one to snore. Too bad it was not only Volstagg. Hogun, Fandral, Steve and Bruce all snored, and the sound of them together, was almost scary. 

The clock next to my bed read 3:36.  Great. I have only been sleeping for about 2 hours, and I still have about five hours until everyone wakes up. 

I decided to teleport into Steve's room. He was laying with his back to the wall, his limbs hanging off the small twin bed. I chuckled to myself. I walked over and sat on the edge of his bed. He woke up.

"I am so sorry," I whispered and started to stand up.

He grabbed my wrist, "no, stay," he said groggily. 

I sat back down and he sat up. He propped himself up on the corner of the wall and extended his legs towards the end of the bed. I crawled over and sat next to him. He wrapped his arm around me. 

"How did you get in here anyway, I have the door locked," he said with a raspy voice. 

"You are a genius, I teleported," I said.

"Oh, right, can't you also control things with your mind?" he asked. 

"Yes, but I only found that out a couple days ago," I said looking up at him. 

He laughed and pulled me closer to his body. I was just looking into his big blue eyes, that moment was perfect. He looked at me and kissed me on the lips. I smiled and looked out the window. It was beautiful. There was lightening across the sky and you could hear thunder, not very predominant, but it was there. Thor knows I love thunderstorms. I love using my imagination and rain and thunderstorms give me a whole new outlet to explore with. 

"Your brother sure knows how to make a beautiful scene," Steve said. 

"Yea, he does this every year, so if I wake up in the middle of the night on my birthday, I can just enjoy what is going on around me." I reply.

All of the sudden I heard a thud. "Did you hear that?" I whispered to Steve frantically.

"No, what," he said sitting up a little bit, looking alarmed. 

"I heard something, it sounded like someone jumped, but someone bigger than Thor." I whispered looking at the door. 

"Well the only person here bigger than Thor is Hulk, and we would know if ti was Hulk," He said.

I chuckled and stood up. 

"Where are you going," Steve asked hesitantly.

"Relax, I am going to my room, I will be right back," With that, I teleported to my room and put on my armor. I teleported back to Steve. 

"Why are you in you armor," Steve asked. 

"Because I can hear foot steps, this intruder is abnormally sneaky," I whispered. 

"What do we do?" He asked pulling on his Captain America Gear.

"You stay here, I am going to lock the others doors, to keep them safe," and before he could protest, I went and fixed all their doors to keep them all safe. 

When I got back to Steve's room he had everything except his mask on. He saw me re-appear and immediately flung himself on me, "I'm so glad you are safe," he said. 

"Steve, I was gone for about 5 minutes, of course I am fine," I giggled.

"I know, I- I just got scared that, that thing would get you," He said and pulled me into another hug, "so what do we do now."