Chapter 3

Elena and Molly met up with Dillon on their way to school.

"How do you like it here so far?" Dillon asked Elena, a playful smile on his face.

Elena shrugged. "It's okay. I mean, I've only been here for a day. And I haven't even experienced school yet."

Dillon chuckled and Molly punched him on the shoulder at his ridiculous question.

"He'll be annoying as hell, just a warning," Molly added.

Elena laughed and glanced at Molly and Dillon. She was definitely going to be friends with those two. So far, they've made her feel at home in this unfamiliar place.

The three continued to walk down a sidewalk that led to the big school. On the way, they the different high school stereotypical groups.

Sitting on the grass with their big framed glasses and textbooks were the Smarties, as Molly addressed them. She had told Elena that she was once a Smarty, but now she fit into no category.

"They kicked me out one day," Molly said with a frown.

"Why?" Elena asked.

"I guess because I'm just a big mixture of all of the stereotypes. So I don't have a group."

Dillon nodded his head. "It's true. She came to me one day with tears running down her face saying she was group-less."

"They said I was semi-popular but an outcast at the same time. How does that make any sense?" Molly huffed.

Elena shook her head. "I don't know. Do you think I'll be put in a group?"

Dillon shrugged. "Depends. If you show enough of yourself at the assembly today, they'll automatically put you in a group. But if they can't read your emotions they put you in the Newbies group. Basically where all the new kids go if they are unidentifiable."

"And who puts people in groups?" Elena asked, confused.

"Usually the Populars. They decide that stuff. They're the only ones we obey since they're so high up in the ranks," Dillon replied. Elena raised her eyebrows at his choice of words.

"It sucks," Molly frowned. "I would stand up to them, but they have real power. They spread rumors like wildfire if you stand up to them."

"Wow," Elena mumbled, slightly scared. Stereotypes had never been such an issue at her old school. Then again, everyone knew each other there. When you lived in a small town, it's likely. This school was a whole new approach.

"But don't worry," Molly said. "They never bother with us. They only pick on the Delinquents on a daily basis."

"So the bad kids?" Elena responded.

Dillon nodded. "Yeah. Dixie and Thomas are kinda like the ringleaders."

"Was Thomas that kid Dixie locked arms with?" Elena asked curiously. She had to know who to stay away from.

"Yeah," Dillon replied, nodding his head. "Total jerk. And he doesn't care about anything. Not even Dixie, and they're bloody dating!"

Elena shook her head in disgust. Thomas does sound like a jerk.

"Just stay away from them, and if you see Lacey, tell her too," Molly warned. "Not only are they jerks, but they are in the crossfire of the Populars."