Chapter 7

The day passed on slowly for Elena. She'd receive the occasional glare from the Delinquents and the suspicion from her only friends at the school. She wanted to go to art club so bad. She hoped that was her escape from this mess.

Elena entered the room of her last class before she could go to art club. Her priorities were to keep her head down, do her work, and not say a word until then. That seemed to work at her old school.

The bell rang as the last few students filtered into the room. The grumpy-looking teacher began to give instructions.

"Today we're going to be taking a short pretest on what you know about the history of England," the teacher instructed, his tiny eyes scanning the students as if waiting to see which one would freak out first.

Elena was going to be that one student, but she managed to keep her cries of fear inside her head. No one looked scared except Elena. She knew nothing about England even though she took an exchange program there. She knew about 5 things and that was it. They dealt with everyday necessities, but she was pretty sure that information would not help her in a history test.

She bit her lip as she watched the teacher begin to pass out the test. When she thought she was going to pass out, the door to the classroom swung open.

Dixie flew in, surprised. The teacher looked at her in annoyance, but Dixie smiled and trudged to her seat casually.

"Why are you late?" the teacher asked her, his face turning red.

"Haven't we bloody gone over this?" Dixie yawned.

"Excuse me?" he exclaimed.

"You're excused," Dixie said with a smile.

"That's it," the teacher snapped. "Go to the principal."

Dixie stood up abruptly, her chair falling to the ground with a thud. "Whatever. Damn duffer." And with that she stormed out of the classroom.

Everyone gasped at her statement except Elena. She had no idea what it meant, but by the reactions, she knew it wasn't good.

The principal growled, finished passing out the tests, and then grabbed his phone. He dialed a number and began ranting to whoever was on the other end.

"Wow," someone mumbled behind Elena. "How the hell is her arse still in this school?"

The teacher brought the phone down briefly. "Start your tests," he said, and then continued talking.

Elena immediately began working even though she didn't know any of the questions. She buried her head in her hands and just wished for the class to be over.

*

Finally, the bell rang and Elena literally jumped out of her seat. She turned in an unfinished test and hoped that it wouldn't be graded.

She turned down the crowded hallway and gossip filled her ears.

"Did you hear Dixie was suspended?" a voice buzzed.

"No wonder she's a Delinquent," another voice said.

"She's still hot though," a voice said.

Molly suddenly appeared in front of Elena, startling her. "Hey," Molly said. "You hear the news?"

Elena laughed and glanced around. "Yep."

"This is greater than great. We're going to be free of Dixie for a whole three days," Molly chimed.

"And to top it off, I have art club in a little bit!" Elena smiled.

Molly cheered and the two high-fived. "Go show that art club who's the best."

Elena nodded. "I'll try," she replied with a smile.

Molly gave her the thumbs up. "I'm going to tell Dillon. I mean, he probably knows, but I still want to tell him. With Dixie gone, the Delinquents will not be as annoying." She waved and walked away.

Elena smiled and then turned on her heel. She began walking to her last class. She couldn't believe that Dixie had gotten suspended for back talking a teacher since she's probably done worse things. Elena shrugged it off, she wasn't complaining.

After Elena's class, all she heard was news about Dixie. She guessed that her classmates were also surprised that she had gotten suspended.

She opened her locker when a hand closed over her wrist. Her heart froze in shock and she turned around. Thomas was standing in front of her with a smug grin on his face. Elena grumbled as Thomas leaned one arm on the locker behind them, cornering her. She felt highly uncomfortable as his gaze bore right into her.

"What do you want now?" she asked, trying to get away from him.

"Just wanted to drop by and say hi," he said with a slight shrug.

"I told you to leave me alone. Just because your girlfriend is suspended doesn't mean you can bother me," Elena mumbled annoyingly.

"Might as well get used to me now," Thomas replied.

Elena was slowly becoming more annoyed with Thomas. Why was he being so vague?

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

Angry footsteps quickly approached them. "Hey!" a familiar voice shouted. Elena glanced over at the person and her heart fell. Molly was walking towards them and she was witnessing everything. Elena wriggled her way out of Thomas's arms.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Molly asked incredulously, looking between Thomas and Elena.

"N-Nothing," Elena stuttered.

"Doesn't look like nothing," Molly snapped.

"Oh, come on Red. Lighten up," Thomas groaned. Molly looked at him with anger.

"Excuse me?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

Elena shook with fear. The situation was escalating quickly. "Uh, guys, calm down."

"No, Elena. This guy is a douche and you're talking to him? I thought I warned you better," Molly told her.

Elena furrowed her eyebrows. "Molly, I know what to do. You don't have to watch over me like you're my mom," she mumbled.

Molly gasped. "So that's how you feel, yeah? I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that I'm trying to prevent you from going down the same path as Lacey." And with that, she stomped angrily down the hall.

"Wait!" Elena called after her friend in guilt. She crossed her arms, trying to contain the flurry of emotions that nauseated her body. Thomas looked at her cheekily.

Elena slammed her locker shut and began walking away from him.

"Where're you going?" he asked.

"Somewhere away from you," she hissed, tears blurring her vision. She had potentially lost her closest friend at this school all because of him.