Chapter 4

"What is her deal?" Molly asked angrily as the class bell rang.

Elena shrugged sadly. "I don't know. I thought I knew who she was but I guess I was wrong."

"Who would pull something like that?" Dillon spoke out.

"At least her and Dixie's plan failed. They tried humiliating me when really they humiliated themselves. But I saw Dixie; she looked happy with the outcome," Elena said, shaking her head.

Molly gasped. "It's too familiar."

"What?" Dillon and Elena asked in unison.

"Dixie's plan," Molly replied, crossing her arms. "I can't believe I didn't realize it sooner."

"Care to elaborate on that?" Dillon asked anxiously.

"Dixie wanted Lacey to get in trouble. She wanted her to despise the school and give in to the Delinquents. Humiliation like that is hard to let go, so chances are Lacey will end up joining the Delinquents since her school career won't be able to recover after that."

"How do you know all of that?" Elena asked curiously.

"Because Dixie has done it before. She tries it with all the new exchange students," Molly confessed.

"Why?"

"They feel better in numbers, I guess. They want the students to bow down to THEM instead of the Populars. That's why there is so much bloody conflict between the two groups."

"Wow," Elena said. "I never knew high school could get so dramatic."

"It's possible," Dillon sighed.

"That's basically why we told you to try and stay away from the groups. They're so conflicting," Molly said seriously.

Elena nodded. "Okay. And thanks for telling me all this stuff."

"No problem," Molly smiled. "I've seen too many poor souls be sucked into the drama. And plus, I like you."

Elena began walking down the hall with her friends. She quickly pulled out her class schedule and examined it.

"Next class is with Mr. Millington," Elena read out, squinting her eyes to examine the tiny writing.

"Gotcha," Molly winked.

"I'm stopping here," Dillon said, standing in front of a door with the number '121'.

"Okay," Molly said, waving. "Bye."

"Bye," Elena repeated, waving her hand at him.

Dillon waved back and then disappeared into the classroom.

"Okay, follow me," Molly said, walking away.

"Alright," Elena said frantically, and began to follow Molly.

They kept walking, and Elena noticed people staring at her. She nervously looked down and watched Molly's feet walk in front of her instead.

Then, Elena was sent tumbling to the ground as a foot was conveniently placed out right in front of her.

Oomph! Elena went crashing to the ground and her nose would've been broken if it wasn't for her elbow that stopped the fall.